Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hup Post 3670 by jwbrown on Monday 9th of July 2001 11:51:01 AM
Old 07-09-2001
Was this in the man pages...if so sorry for wasting your time, I was reading about the kill command and I don't have a unix box at my job to use the man command but wanted the answer now, and this site usually gets the answers to my simple questions quickly. Thanks for the info.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba, swat. how to send a HUP to inetd ?

solaris can't support pkill command:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
2 Replies

2. Linux

syslog hup

Hi All, I modified /etc/syslog.conf and execute kill -HUP syslogd_PID. There's nothing changes on the PID when I did ps -ef|grep syslogd. It's the same. Do you think it restarted the process of syslogd? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trapped Signal HUP

We encountered an issue in our project while using the Interix UNIX (SFU 3.5) and explained our query below. We would be happy if anybody helps us to troubleshoot the problem J In our code the trapping signal for all signals like HUP, INT, QUIT, ILL, TRAP, ABRT, EXCEPT, etc., is initialized in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMESHPRABUDASS
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with HUP and SEGV.

Hello - I need to know the detail of HUP and SEGV. I know HUP is Hangup and can be use to kill a Unix login session remotely by sending a hangup signal to the process running the login session. Could someone tell me in detail prupose of HUP and SEGV (segmentation violation)? I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namasteall2000
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sudo for permission kill -HUP

Hi, I'm trying to provide "/usr/bin/kill -HUP" command to one of the user using sudo file. I have configured sudo as following: $cat /etc/sudoers User_Alias AA=conadmin Cmnd_Alias KILL1=/usr/bin/kill -HUPAA ALL=NOPASSWD:KILL1 When I login as the user and execute 'sudo -l' command, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
2 Replies
MAN(1)							      General Commands Manual							    MAN(1)

NAME
man, lookman - print or find pages of this manual SYNOPSIS
man [ option ... ] [ section ... ] title ... lookman key ... DESCRIPTION
Man locates and prints pages of this manual named title in the specified sections. Title is given in lower case. Each section is a num- ber; pages marked (2S), for example, belong to chapter 2. If no section is specified, pages in all sections are printed. Any name from the NAME section at the top of the page will serve as a title. The options are: -p Run proof(1) on the specified man pages. -t Run troff and send its output to standard output. -n (Default) Print the pages on the standard output using nroff. Lookman prints the names of all manual sections that contain all of the key words given on the command line. FILES
/sys/man/?/* troff source for manual; this page is /sys/man/1/man /sys/man/?/INDEX indices searched to find pages corresponding to titles /sys/lib/man/secindex command to make an index for a given section /sys/lib/man/lookman/index index for lookman SOURCE
/rc/bin/man /rc/bin/lookman SEE ALSO
proof(1) BUGS
The manual was intended to be typeset; some detail is sacrificed on text terminals. There is no automatic mechanism to keep the indices up to date. Except for special cases, it doesn't recognize things that should be run through tbl and/or eqn. MAN(1)