Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hup Post 3670 by jwbrown on Monday 9th of July 2001 11:51:01 AM
Old 07-09-2001
Was this in the man pages...if so sorry for wasting your time, I was reading about the kill command and I don't have a unix box at my job to use the man command but wanted the answer now, and this site usually gets the answers to my simple questions quickly. Thanks for the info.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba, swat. how to send a HUP to inetd ?

solaris can't support pkill command:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
2 Replies

2. Linux

syslog hup

Hi All, I modified /etc/syslog.conf and execute kill -HUP syslogd_PID. There's nothing changes on the PID when I did ps -ef|grep syslogd. It's the same. Do you think it restarted the process of syslogd? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trapped Signal HUP

We encountered an issue in our project while using the Interix UNIX (SFU 3.5) and explained our query below. We would be happy if anybody helps us to troubleshoot the problem J In our code the trapping signal for all signals like HUP, INT, QUIT, ILL, TRAP, ABRT, EXCEPT, etc., is initialized in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMESHPRABUDASS
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with HUP and SEGV.

Hello - I need to know the detail of HUP and SEGV. I know HUP is Hangup and can be use to kill a Unix login session remotely by sending a hangup signal to the process running the login session. Could someone tell me in detail prupose of HUP and SEGV (segmentation violation)? I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namasteall2000
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sudo for permission kill -HUP

Hi, I'm trying to provide "/usr/bin/kill -HUP" command to one of the user using sudo file. I have configured sudo as following: $cat /etc/sudoers User_Alias AA=conadmin Cmnd_Alias KILL1=/usr/bin/kill -HUPAA ALL=NOPASSWD:KILL1 When I login as the user and execute 'sudo -l' command, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
2 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz.db The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD