Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Aix
Special Forums IP Networking Aix Post 35868 by TioTony on Saturday 10th of May 2003 12:42:50 AM
Old 05-10-2003
Are there any clues in the error log. Type errpt to see a list of the errors if any. errpt -a will show you the detail of the errors.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

2. AIX

IY17981 fix required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration but not found

Hi, redbook documentation is telling that IY17981 fix is required for aix 4.3.3 to aix 5L migration. But there is no mention about that fix in any ML installation packages. - My system is ML11 : oslevel –r 4330-11 - But xlC.rte is on wrong version : lslpp -L xlC.rte xlC.rte ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

4. AIX

Get Next month in AIX from curent date in unix AIX

How could we derive teh Next month in MON-RR format from current date ie sysdate in UNI AIX sheel script.I coould get a command but i supports only inLinux susse andnotin AIX. I need for Unix AIX.Pls Help. Regards Shiv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHIV75
2 Replies

5. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

6. AIX

Will it affect my AIX LPAR security, when i set up email alerts on AIX server.

Hello, I've set up email alerts on AIX Servers. so that i can get email notifications (via mail relay server) when ever there is abnormal behavior. for example 1) my script monitors CPU/disk/memory etc... when it reaches high water ark, it will send an email alert. 2) disk usage alerts 3)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies

8. AIX

Samba 3.6 on AIX 7.1 - Windows 10 Access to AIX file shares using Active Directory authentication

I am running AIX 7.1 and currently we have samba 3.6.25 installed on the server. As it stands some AIX folders are shared that can be accessed by certain Windows users. The problem is that since Windows 10 the guest feature no longer works so users have to manually type in their Windows login/pwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxsnake
14 Replies
udp(4p) 																   udp(4p)

Name
       udp - Internet User Datagram Protocol

Syntax
       #include <sys/socket.h>
       #include <netinet/in.h>

s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);

Description
       UDP  is	a  simple,  unreliable datagram protocol that is used to support the SOCK_DGRAM abstraction for the Internet protocol family.  UDP
       sockets are connectionless and are normally used with the and calls, though the call can also be used to fix  the  destination  for  future
       packets (in which case the or and or system calls may be used).

UDP  address  formats are identical to those used by TCP.  In particular, UDP provides a port identifier in addition to the normal Internet
       address format.	Note that the UDP port space is separate from the TCP port space (for example,	a UDP port may not be ``connected''  to  a
       TCP  port).   In  addition  broadcast  packets  can be sent (assuming the underlying network supports this) by using a reserved ``broadcast
       address''; this address is network interface dependent.	The SO_BROADCAST option must be set on the socket for broadcasting to succeed.

Diagnostics
       A socket operation may fail with one of the following errors returned:

[EISCONN]      Try to establish a connection on a socket which already has one, or when trying to send  a  datagram  with  the  destination
		      address specified and the socket already connected.

[ENOTCONN]     Try to send a datagram, but no destination address is specified, and the socket has not been connected.

[ENOBUFS]      The system runs out of memory for an internal data structure.

[EADDRINUSE]   An attempt is made to create a socket with a port that has already been allocated.

[EADDRNOTAVAIL]
		      An attempt is made to create a socket with a network address for which no network interface exists.

See Also
       getsockopt(2), send(2), socket(2) recv(2), intro(4n), inet(4f)

udp(4p)