Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name? Post 35762 by Perderabo on Friday 2nd of May 2003 03:26:53 PM
Old 05-02-2003
Use the full pathname

rm /-ov

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to subtract 2 hours from 'date' in shell ( /bin/sh ) script ?

I write a sh script that zip and copy to tape all files that older then 2 hours. 1. The way I choose is - touch a file with "now - 2 hours", then use fine with '! -newer' 2. Do you have any other idea to do it ? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairon
1 Replies

2. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Terminal 'Local Echo' lost on Modem Dial-out

Can anybody help me? I am developing a utility for automating message paging to a BT alphanumeric pager. I am using a USR 56K Fax-modem connected to /dev/cuab on a Sun Ultra-10. I am using the UNIX 'tip' utility to connect to the modem and I have configured the modem as follows: Baud Rate:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mybeat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a program to convert '|' delimited file into excel?

Hi All, I want to convert a '|' delimited file to excel file. I want it is an automated process (this means I need not to open excel, import and choose '|' delimited, then ... to generate an excel) I need to use a scripts or proram to convert the file. Do any one have this tools? A... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
11 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It soon becomes a large file. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It becomes a large file in a short time. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

BELKIN 'F5D5020' 16bit PCMCIA - FreeBSD HOWTO

Hey all, I've bought a few bits from Belkin who seem quite happy to support FreeBSD! Last time I bought a UPS from them and it's still going well :D I saw this on their website that the 16bit PCMCIA card was supported under FreeBSD: http://www.belkin.com/network/F5D5020.html I went to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
rpm2cpio(1)							   User Commands						       rpm2cpio(1)

NAME
rpm2cpio - convert Red Hat Package (RPM) to cpio archive SYNOPSIS
rpm2cpio [file.rpm] DESCRIPTION
The rpm2cpio utility converts the .rpm file specified as its sole argument to a cpio archive on standard output. (See NOTES.) If no argu- ment is given, an rpm stream is read from standard input. In both cases, rpm2cpio will fail and print a usage message if the standard out- put is a terminal. Therefore, the output is usually redirected to a file or piped through the cpio(1) utility. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting an rpm file example% rpm2cpio Device3Dfx-1.1-2.src.rpm | cpio -itv CPIO archive found! -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2635 Sep 13 16:39 1998, 3dfx.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11339 Sep 27 16:03 1998, Dev3Dfx.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1387 Sep 27 16:04 1998, Device3Dfx-1.1-2.spec 31 blocks Example 2: Converting from standard input example% rpm2cpio < Device3Dfx-1.1-2.src.rpm | cpio -itv CPIO archive found! -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2635 Sep 13 16:39 1998, 3dfx.gif -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11339 Sep 27 16:03 1998, Dev3Dfx.tar.gz -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1387 Sep 27 16:04 1998, Device3Dfx-1.1-2.spec 31 blocks ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrpm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), attributes(5) NOTES
rpm2cpio handles versions 3 and 4 RPMs. SunOS 5.10 20 Aug 2001 rpm2cpio(1)