Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to delete nonempty directory? Post 35730 by xli3 on Thursday 1st of May 2003 01:10:04 AM
Old 05-01-2003
How to delete nonempty directory?

How to delete nonempty directory?
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove a nonempty directory

How can I remove a non empty directory. ' rmdir directory_name ' complains that the directory is not empty. The same problem happens with ' rmdir directory_name/* ' Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Can't delete a directory on HP-UX

Hi, I am having hard time to delete a directory: $ rm -r testoxdwdw rm: testoxdwdw non-existent $ rmdir testoxdwdw rmdir: testoxdwdw: No such file or directory $ rm -rf testoxdwdw Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oradbus
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't delete directory

Hi, I have a problem on Solaris 10 regarding deletion of files when I try to recursively delete the directory /opt/Tivoli as root, I get the following error message: rm: Unable to remove directory Tivoli/lcf/dat/1/no-del/bin/solaris2/TME: File exists rm: Unable to remove directory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

count number of nonempty columns in row

Hi, Suppose i have a inputfile in csv format. How to use awk to count 'the number of nonempty columns in each row' minus one, and add the value as a new column in the end For cosmetic reason, it's even better to include a descriptive label for the last column in the first row. for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

use awk to replace empty fields with the latest nonempty field

Hi suppose I have a csv file like this count,1977,1978,1979 usa, , , blue japan, red, yellow,green india, , yellow,blue china, blue, yellow, green I want the output to be(replace everything, including empty data, with the most recent data): ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grossgermany
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Directory cannot delete

Dear All, I have problem at T5220 server, when I enter at my server as oracle user and make directory ex. directory test then I will delete directory test with command : rm -rf, what happenned...?? that directory cannot deleted. What's wrong with my server...? Note: my server T5220 with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
3 Replies

7. Programming

print all nonempty pipe

I am trying to write a shell script for Linux to print the names of all non empty pipes in the current directory? any help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimesh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot Delete Directory

Hello, I am trying to delete a directory but cannot. Can anyone assist? See attached. Many thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixer
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)