Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grepping for a sentence
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grepping for a sentence Post 35627 by kapilv on Wednesday 23rd of April 2003 02:40:54 PM
Old 04-23-2003
Well man grep could also have help you with other options of grep command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

paste a sentence

Hi, I have a big file like this: BBR 0004186 916 H $$a BBR 0031086 916 H $$a BBR 0032551 916 H $$a BBR 0035481 916 H $$a I would like to add globally a senetence : BBR 0004186 916 H $$a new acquisition How i'll do it? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilead29
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of sentence in perl

Hi, I have 3 arrays: @arr1=("Furthermore, apigenin treatment increased the level of association of the RNA binding protein HuR with endogenous p53 mRNA","one of the mechanisms by which apigenin induces p53 protein expression is enhancement of translation through the RNA binding protein... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Sentence Generator

Hi, I need to create a table with random sentences. I need lines that are upto 1000 characters in lenght. I need a random sentence generator that will create sentences and output it to a text file. The sentences should be of lenght varying from 1 to 1000. Does anyone know how this can be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushys
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a sentence

Hi, Can anybody help me out, how can I split the sentence, 11111 12-12-2002 1000 23 22222 11-11-2011 2000 24 13131 09-02-2002 like the below format, 11111 12-12-2002 1000 23 22222 11-11-2011 2000 24 etc.... Plz help... Thanks in advance...!! (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting number of sentence

Hi all I want to count total numbers of sentences separated by fullstop (.) in different files under a directory at one go. Any help is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ask for a sentence and then count number of spaces in the sentence

Hi People, I need some Help to write a unix script that asks for a sentence to be typed out then with the sentence. Counts the number of spaces within the sentence and then echo's out "The Number Of Spaces In The Sentence is 4" as a example Thanks Danielle (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie101208
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate the word from a sentence

Hi, The first line of a file is as follows: example.4ge v.45352 Report for April 28 May 2010 I need to remove the word example.4ge v.45353 from that line. I used the following command to truncate it sed 's/example.4ge v.45352//g' $filename But here the version number 45352 may... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[grep] how to grep a sentence which has quotation marks "sentence"

I would like to check with grep in this configuration file: { "alt-speed-down": 200, "alt-speed-enabled": true, "alt-speed-time-begin": 1140, "alt-speed-time-day": 127, "...something..." : true, ... } "alt-speed-enabled" (the third line of the file) is setted to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciro314
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a word from sentence

$SET_PARAMS='-param Run_Type_Parm=Month -param Portfolio_Parm="997" -param From_Date_Parm="2011-08-09"' Want to extract the value of "Portfolio_Parm" from $SET_PARAMS i.e in the above case "997" & assigned to new variable. The existence order of "Portfolio"Parm" can change, but the name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SujeethP
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with if then sentence (string in file)

Hello! I'd like some help with a sentance, this 'if' should take a string from the user, then search my list for that string, now only those lines that string is found should be worked on. I'm new to this, but i'm guessing it's something like this.. #!/bin/bash ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: klskl
10 Replies
MALAGA(1)						      Malaga quick reference							 MALAGA(1)

NAME
malaga - natural-language word and sentence analysis SYNOPSIS
malaga [-morphology|-syntax] [-quoted] [-input input] project-file DESCRIPTION
Malaga is a development environment for natural-language grammars based on the Left-Associative Grammar formalism. Malaga grammars can be used for automatic morphological and/or syntactic analysis. The program malaga is Malaga's user interface for analysing word forms and sentences, displaying the results and finding bugs in a grammar. malaga requires the name of a language-dependent project-file as a command-line argument. If no command line options are given, malaga starts in interactive mode, and you can enter commands. If you are not sure about the name of a command, use the command help to get an overview of all malaga commands. If you want to quit malaga, enter the command quit. See info Malaga for details. OPTIONS
-h[elp] Print a help text about malaga's command line arguments and exit. -i[nput] input Analyse a single word or sentence given as command line argument (only valid in morphology or syntax mode). -m[orphology] Start malaga in morphology mode. In this mode word forms are read in from the standard input stream and analysed (one word form per line). The analysis result are written to the standard output stream. -q[uoted] The input lines to be analysed are quoted (only valid in morphology or syntax mode). -s[yntax] Start malaga in syntax mode. In this mode sentences are read in from the standard input stream and analysed (one sentence per line). The analysis result is written to the standard output stream. -v[ersion] Print malaga's version number and exit. AUTHORS
Malaga was written by Bjoern Beutel. Numerous other people distributed to Malaga. This manpage was originally written for the Debian dis- tribution by Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho. SEE ALSO
mallex(1), malmake(1), malrul(1), malshow(1), malsym(1) ``Malaga 7, User's and Programmer's Manual''. Available in Debian systems via info Malaga, and, if the malaga-doc package is installed, in various formats (DVI, Postscript, PDF, HTML) under /usr/share/doc/malaga-doc/. Malaga 26 September 2006 MALAGA(1)