Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print command in linux
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print command in linux Post 35567 by kymberm on Thursday 17th of April 2003 04:10:58 PM
Old 04-17-2003
echo works, i told it the sh shell, switched to ksh and it works fine.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print screen in linux

Hi All, Perhaps a dumb question, but how do you do a "print screen" within the X-Window in linux. I'm running KDE, is there a utility I can use in that package that I'm not aware of. Or, is there a way to turn on the <alt><print-screen> function with the keyboard? Thanks in advance. VJ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vancouver_joe
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get/print the lines from a specified file ? (LINUX)

It my first post here . I just want to get the content of the file as values for printinting along with line number in LINUX Here is what I tried . $ cat test1.txt ABC DSF GHI JKL MNO PQR STU VWX YZO $ cat test.sh #!/bin/ksh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajavu
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to print date/cal in /etc/motd on linux server

helo i want to show today date and calendar when v succesfuly login on the system on the linux server please orovide the sol for the same thanx :):):) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Print server Migration from AIX to Linux

Hi, Can anyone help me on migration the print server from AIX to RHEL 4? Appreciate your help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brby07
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print only number using awk command in Linux ?

Now I'm trying summary sar data. CPU , Memory , Traffic , TPS (Min Max value) CPU is okay using below command. $ sar -p | awk '{gsub(//,"")}1' | awk 'BEGIN {min=1000000; max=0;};\ { if($7<min && $7 != "") min = $7; if($7>max && $7 != "") max = $7; } END {print min, max}' 98.93 99.55 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom8254
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
LSCPU(1)							   User Manuals 							  LSCPU(1)

NAME
lscpu - CPU architecture information helper SYNOPSIS
lscpu [-hpx] [-s directory] DESCRIPTION
lscpu gathers CPU architecture information like number of CPUs, threads, cores, sockets, NUMA nodes, information about CPU caches, CPU fam- ily, model, bogoMIPS, byte order and stepping from sysfs and /proc/cpuinfo, and prints it in a human-readable format. It supports both online and offline CPUs. It can also print out in a parsable format, including how different caches are shared by different CPUs, which can be fed to other programs. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message. -p, --parse Print out in parsable instead of human-readable format. -s, --sysroot directory Use the specified directory as system root. This allows you to inspect a snapshot from a different system. -x, --hex Use hexadecimal masks for CPU sets (e.g. 0x3). The default is to print the sets in list format (e.g. 0,1). BUGS
The basic overview about CPU family, model, etc. is always based on the first CPU only. Sometimes in Xen Dom0 the kernel reports wrong data. AUTHOR
Cai Qian <qcai@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> AVAILABILITY
The lscpu command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. Linux February 2011 LSCPU(1)