Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX get whole command arguments in ps -ef? Post 35165 by usfrog on Monday 31st of March 2003 12:15:40 PM
Old 03-31-2003
Question get whole command arguments in ps -ef?

Hello All,

I want to build some monitoring of processes in HP-UX 11.x.

Is there any way to get the whole set of commands and arguments instead of the first 60 characters? I read that there's a limitation of the ps -ef command that we can't overcome. In this case is there any other command that I can use?

My need is so basic I can't believe there's no way to get that information Smilie

Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Command with several arguments

Hi! $ more file yoyo haha lili ... i want to test if a "grep yoyo AND lili" works in this file. In fact, my script will carry on only if it finds in the same line "yoyo" AND "lili" How can i do? Thx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomapam
3 Replies

2. Programming

command line arguments

Hi How to pass multi line text as a command line argument to a program. (i.e) ./a.out hi this is sample 0 file1 where hi this is sample should be stored in argv 0 in argv and so on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arguments in command line

Hi all, How many arguments can we pass while testing a prgm at command line.. I encountered an issue while passing 10 arguments. For $10 its taking argument passed for $1 followed by 'zero'. can we pass more than 9 arguments /Is there any other way. Thanks, rrs (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrs
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line arguments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have this while loop and at the end I am trying to get it to tell me the last argument I entered. And with it like this all I get is the sentence with no value for $1. Now I tried moving done after the sentence... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skooly5
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command line arguments.

I am working on a script wherein i need the user to enter the Build ID for eg:the command line will show enter the build ID Now on entering the build ID it should be assigned to @ARGV. How can this be done.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Varghese
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command line arguments

hi, can someone how to accept command line arguments as a variable using in script? like: ./scriptname arguments by accept arguments, I can use it in my script? thx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line arguments

hi,,,, I want to create a command prompt, for example "prompt>", so my prompt need to handle commands, for example "prompt>cmd", so i want to know how to get arguments for my own commands cmd, i.e. default argc should contain arguments count and argv should point to the argument vector i.e, for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vins_89
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters in command arguments

Hey Guys, I have a program that populates a database based on input I feed it. so it would look like: cmd arg1 arg2 ... argN Now some of the arguments have special characters in them so I wrote a small script to pull the args and wrap them in quotes ('arg'). The problem is sometimes... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron0001
10 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Filter command arguments

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Execute command with integer list arguments such as myScript 8 7 2 3. Take those arguments and square all of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learn4Life
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Loop with command line arguments

Ubuntum, Bash version: 4.3.46 Hi, how can I create a loop where the command line arguments change (increase) and every time the number of arguments is different ? ### I have many gene names... that mean gene1=$2, gene2=$3, ...... geneN=$N+1 ### some time the number of gene is 25, other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
7 Replies
PEXPAND(1)						      General Commands Manual							PEXPAND(1)

NAME
pexpand - expand requested commands in metafile SYNOPSIS
pexpand [ +/-EPDOCSURIlrtmvsp ] file .. DESCRIPTION
Pexpand reads each metafile file in sequence and expands any commands specified in a '+' option, and deletes any commands specified in a '-' option. This is necessary because most drivers will not support many metafile commands such as 'v' (vector string) and 'O', 'C', and 's' (segments). Pexpand will expand '+' instances into the corresponding primitives which are supported, and delete all '-' instances. Certain commands are currently considered basic, and must be supported by all drivers. The commands 'D', 'E', 'S', 'U', 'R', 'l', 'r', and 't' are basic (see metafile(5)). If no input files are specified, the standard input is read. +EPDOCSURIlrtmvsp Expand the requested command(s). -EPDOCSURIlrtmvsp Delete the requested command(s). EXAMPLE
To expand vector strings and segements, and delete pauses from "meta": pexpand +vOCs -P meta FILES
/usr/lib/meta/vchars.mta (see metafile(5)) AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
metafile(5), psort(1) RADIANCE
6/24/98 PEXPAND(1)