Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers list directories on a file system Post 34662 by Perderabo on Tuesday 4th of March 2003 12:55:42 PM
Old 03-04-2003
That's easy...
find / -type d -xdev

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix File System performance with large directories

Hi, how does the Unix File System perform with large directories (containing ~30.000 files)? What kind of structure is used for the organization of a directory's content, linear lists, (binary) trees? I hope the description 'Unix File System' is exact enough, I don't know more about the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dive
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List /home directories in a file

Hi, i was looking at a unix paper i found and one of the tasks was to create a file called 'usernames' that contains a list of all directories in /home. This file should be located in the /home/userinfo directory. How would i go about doing this without changing directories from the home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the directories, sub directories in a mount along with size in ascending order?

Hi , I am very new to unix as well as shell scripting. I have to write a script for the following requirement. In a particular mount, have to list all the directories and sub directories along with size of the directory and sub directory in ascending order. Please help me in this regard and many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmakkena
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories and sub directories recursively excluding files

Hi, Please help me, how to get all the direcotries, its sub directories and its sub directories recursively, need to exclude all the files in the process. I wanted to disply using a unix command all the directories recursively excluding files. I tried 'ls -FR' but that display files as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pointers
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for deleting files and directories when the file system reaches the threshold

Hi Can someone assist in writing a script. I have a filesystem named /sybase in my aix lpar. When this filesystem becomes 94% full all the files and directories under /sybase/logs should be deleted immediately. :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list

Hi All, Please help. I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here file1 dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4 file2 dir5 dir6 dir7 dir8 file3 dir9 dir10 dir11 dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Chose list of sub directories in a bash script file

Hi, I have a command in my bash script, searchDirectoryName.sh: DIR_NAME=$(find . -type d) echo "${DIR_NAME}" . ./Dir1 ./Dir1/1.0.2.1 ./Dir2 ./Dir2/1.1 ./Dir3 ./Dir3/2.2.1 How can I select only following directory names with second subdirectoies and without first ./ in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, having given pattern in the directories name, sorted by creation date. Example: Directories with name "pkg32*" or "pkg33*" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order, with creation date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
2 Replies

10. Solaris

File System Error: BAD SUPERBLOCK AT BLOCK 16: NUMBER OF DIRECTORIES OUT OF RANGE

Hi All, we are having a file system error in one of our servers. The server failed to boot in usual user mode. Instead boot with single user mode and requesting to run a FSCK manually to repair the corrupted. see the below output. Netra T2000, No Keyboard Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Buddhike G
5 Replies
showmount(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     showmount(1M)

NAME
showmount - show remote mounts SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/showmount [-ade] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
showmount lists the clients that have remotely mounted a filesystem from host. This information is maintained by the mountd(1M) server on host, and is saved across crashes in the file /etc/rmtab. The default value for host is the value returned by hostname(1). The showmount command does not display the names of NFS Version 4 clients. OPTIONS
-a Print all remote mounts in the format: hostname : directory where hostname is the name of the client, and directory is the root of the file system that has been mounted. -d List directories that have been remotely mounted by clients. -e Print the list of shared file systems. FILES
/etc/rmtab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostname(1), mountd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations BUGS
If a client crashes, its entry will not be removed from the list of remote mounts on the server. SunOS 5.10 26 Oct 2004 showmount(1M)