Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command line buffer limit?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command line buffer limit? Post 33395 by kornshellmaven on Friday 3rd of January 2003 03:52:02 PM
Old 01-03-2003
Command line buffer limit?

Is there a limit (255 chars?) on the command line??

I'm trying to copy some generated java & class files from one dir to another and ID the old & new versions by:

find . -name FFSFIXADminCallbackBean.java

I then do a copy and paste of the source and target -
$ cp -p source target

It looks like my command gets truncated when it's executed...
(The directory structure is monstrous!!)

I'm running HPUX 11. Does this behave the same under Solaris 2.8?

Thanks,

John

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail message body buffer limit?

when sending the contents of a ascii file to the body of an email then sending it off. it seems sendmail is breaking up the lines with a "!" thus ruining the data. Has this ever happened to anyone? i am guessing there is a line buffer limit in either the mail command or in sendmail itself. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep line length limit

Hi Friends, I am having a funny problem with grep. When I run grep 'expr' file.txt things work fine. But when try to get the line number using the -n option, i.e, grep -n 'expr' file.txt I get a message, "grep: 0652-226 Maximum line length of 2048 exceeded." If the line has more than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hnhegde
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Monitor printer buffer using unix command

Hi, I have 13jobs waiting in a printer queue.I am try to get the status and number of jobs using lpstat but i cant see any job is waiting in queue.i think those jobs are in printer buffer.is there any way to get the status of printer buffer too using unix command.please correct me if i am wrong. i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagii
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to limit the search to 'n' occurrences within a line

Hello All, I am trying to search one pattern across a file and then print it. But i need to delimit the search per line to 2 occurrences. How do i do that? Regards. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxee
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with awk awk: program limit exceeded: sprintf buffer size=1020

Hi I have many problems with a script. I have a script that formats a text file but always prints the same error when i try to execute it The code is that: { if (NF==17){ print $0 }else{ fields=NF; all=$0; while... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fate
2 Replies

6. Programming

Is there a limit for a code line length in C?

Is there any stabdard limitation on size of a code line in C code? I am interesting in UNIX limitation, particulary on SUN. Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vim external command output to new buffer

Hi, From inside Vim, I'm looking for a way to use the contents of the current buffer, pass it to an external executable, and then return the output from the executable into a new Vim buffer. I know that I can do something like %!<executable>, but that will overwrite the contents of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: konfushus
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore the 255 character limit of command line

Hi I would just like to ask if there is a way for UNIX to ignore/overcome the 255 character limit of the command line? My problem is that I have a really long line of text from a file (300+ bytes) which i have to "echo" and process by adding commands like "sed" to the end of the line, like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentgrecko
5 Replies

9. Programming

Limit line for perl

Hey guys, can help me out with this? How do i limit output for xml to 50 character? i tried *below* but doesnt work, it still print more than 50 characters. Thanks in advance printf "%-50s", "$testline\n"; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Single line archive log files command if exceed certain limit in Linux

Hello Guys, Is there a single line archive command to zip or tar log files which is larger than certain size limit ? Do let me know if there is any. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnknownGuy
7 Replies
javah(1)						      General Commands Manual							  javah(1)

NAME
javah - C header and stub file generator SYNOPSIS
javah [ options ] fully-qualified-classname ... javah_g [ options ] fully-qualified-classname ... DESCRIPTION
The javah command generates C header and source files that are needed to implement native methods. The generated header and source files are used by C programs to reference instance variables of an object from native source code. The .h file contains a structure definition whose layout parallels that of the corresponding class. The fields in the structure correspond to instance variables in the class. The name of the header file and the structure declared within it are derived from the name of the class. If the class passed to javah is inside a package, the package name is prepended to both the header file name and the structure name. Underscores ( _ ) are used as name delimiters. By default, javah creates a header file for each class listed on the command line and puts the files in the current directory. Use the -stubs option to create source files. Use the -o option to concatenate the results for all listed classes into a single file. The new native method interface, Java Native Interface (JNI), does not require header information or stub files. The javah command can still be used to generate native method function prototypes needed for JNI-style native methods. javah produces JNI-style output by default, and places the result in the .h file. The javah_g version is a non-optimized version of javah suitable for use with debuggers like jdb. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -o outputfile Concatenates the resulting header or source files for all the classes listed on the command line into outputfile. Only the -o or -d option may be used. -bootclasspath path Specifies path from which to load bootstrap classes. By default, the bootstrap classes are the classes implementing the core Java 2 platform located in jre/lib/rt.jar and several other jar files. -classpath path Specifies the path javah uses to look up classes. Overrides the default of the CLASSPATH environment variable if it is set. Directories are separated by colons. Thus the general format for path is: .:<your_path> For example: .:/home/avh/classes:/usr/local/java/classes -d directory Sets the directory where javah saves the header files or the stub files. -force Specifies that output files should always be written. -help Prints help message for javah usage. -jni Causes javah to create an output file containing JNI-style native method function prototypes. This is the default output, so use of -jni is optional. -old Specifies the old JDK1.0-style header files should be generated. -stubs Causes javah to generate C declarations from the Java object file. -trace Tracing is no longer supported. Instead, use the -verbose:jni option of the virtual machine. -verbose Indicates verbose output and causes javah to print a message to stdout concerning the status of the generated files. -version Print out javah version information. -Joption Pass option to the Java virtual machine, where option is one of the options described on the man page for the java applica- tion launcher, java(1). For example, -J-Xms48m sets the startup memory to 48 megabytes. It is a common convention for -J to pass options to the underlying virtual machine. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CLASSPATH Used to provide the system with a path to user-defined classes. Directories are separated by colons, for example, .:/home/avh/classes:/usr/local/java/classes SEE ALSO
java(1), javac(1), javadoc(1), javap(1), jdb(1) 13 June 2000 javah(1)