Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiple attachments
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions multiple attachments Post 33236 by Neo on Friday 20th of December 2002 03:35:37 PM
Old 12-20-2002
I rebuilt the search database and now the 'search by username' seems to be working fine. Neo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending multiple attachments

Hi people, I am new to this forums. I have a quick question I hope one of you could help me with. I am writing a script to send attachments via email. However I am having trouble when trying to send multiple attachments. Here is the code I am using: send_mail() { uuencode $TMP $TMP1 > $TMP1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo2k8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

e-mail with multiple binary attachments!

Hi, I have to send email from UNIX with multiple excel attachments and the sender name needs to be customized (sender name need not to be UNIX user). I have checked many ways from this forum and other sources. But, nothing did work for me. Please help me! thanks, Raja. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mailing Multiple Attachments in AIX

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to write ascript on AIX 5.3, that will e-mail all filles within a directory. But on executing a script , it sends only 1 file from the directory alongwith some Junk data. I have searched whole forum and almost used all the suggestions, but still getting same problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gem_In_I
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with multiple mail attachments

Hi everyone... I am facing problem with the multiple mail attachments. cd /work/mohan/pi_log/ mail_file='uuencode ahmedabad.csv ahmedabad.csv ; uuencode ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv' ( $mail_file ) | mailx -m -s"test" domain@website.com its giving me error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Multiple Attachments using MAILX

I have created a shell scripts and wanted to email users multiple attachments using mailx. I noticed that when I do a man on mailx I see and -a option for attachments. When I run a: mailx -s "test attachments" -a include_file -a exclude_file testuser@mydomain.com (Interrupt -- one more to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email with multiple attachments ?

Hello , I am trying to send an email with two attachments . I have tried all previous suggestion in this forum but none worked. I could send one attachment in an email by uuencode $file "$file" | mailx -m -s "File" xxx@xx.com but unable to send multiple attachments . I have tried ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple attachments using mutt

I am trying to attach multiple files using mutt command, and all file names to be attached are taken from a flat file. and mutt command is called from a bash script when : 1. Script execution is completed. 2. Script execution is interrupted for some reason. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with multiple attachments?

We don't have uuencode installed in our machines..... Please tell me how to send mail with multiple attachments ??? URGENT !!!!! Please tell me using command line (or) scripts.......... please...... Thanks in Advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Email Using uuenview w/ Multiple Attachments

HP-UX mbhp7640 B.11.31 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license Our database builds a MIME compliant html email, then cats that to sendmail - no problem. Due to horrible issues with the native uuencode, we long ago began using uuenview to encode our attachments - no problem. An example is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba77
1 Replies
TNEF(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TNEF(1)

NAME
tnef - decode Microsoft's Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format SYNOPSIS
tnef [options] [FILE] tnef {--help | --version} DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the tnef filter. tnef decodes e-mail attachments encoded in Microsoft's Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (hereafter, TNEF), which "wraps" Microsoft e-mail attachments. Unfortunately, these "wrapped" attachments are inaccessible to any e-mail client that does not understand TNEF. Fortunately, the tnef fil- ter can be used by any MIME-aware client to unpack these attachments. OPTIONS
-f FILE, --file=FILE use FILE as input ('-' denotes stdin). When this option is omitted, tnef reads data from stdin. -C DIR, --directory=DIR unpack file attachments into DIR. -x SIZE, --maxsize=SIZE limit maximum size of extracted archive (bytes) -t, --list list attached files, do not extract. -w, --interactive, --confirmation ask for confirmation for every action. --overwrite when extracting attachments, overwrite existing files. --number-backups when extracting attachments, if file FOO will be overwritten, create FOO.n instead. --use-paths honor file pathnames specified in the TNEF attachment. For security reasons, paths to attached files are ignored by default. --save-body FILE Save message body data found in the TNEF data. There can be up to three message bodies in the file, plain text, HTML encoded, and RTF encoded. Which are saved is specified by the --body-pref option. By default the message bodies are written to a file named message with an extension based upon the type (txt, html, rtf). --body-pref PREF Specifies which of the possibly three message body formats will be saved. PREF can be up to three characters long and each charac- ter must be one of 'r', 'h', or 't' specifying RTF, HTML or text. The order is the order that the data will be checked, the first type found will be saved. If PREF is the special value of 'all' then any and all message body data found will be saved. The default is 'rht'. --save-rtf FILE DEPRECATED. Equivalent to --save-body=FILE --body-pref=r -h, --help show usage message. -V, --version display version and copyright. -v, --verbose produce verbose output. --debug enable debug output. EXAMPLE
The following example demonstrates typical tnef usage with a popular Unix mail client called "mutt". Step 1 -- Configure ~/.mailcap Mutt can't use tnef for its intended purpose until an appropriate content type definition exists in ~/.mailcap . Here's a sample defini- tion: application/ms-tnef; tnef -w %s This mailcap entry says that whenever the MIME content type: application/ms-tnef is encountered, use this command to decode it: tnef -w %s The latter command string invokes tnef, specifying both the -w option and the attachment (created as a temporary file) as command line arguments. Step 2 -- Add The Filter To $PATH Mutt can't invoke tnef if the filter isn't accessible via $PATH. Step 3 -- Test Mutt Use mutt to read a message that includes a TNEF attachment. Mutt will note that an attachment of type "application/ms-tnef is unsup- ported". Press the "v" key to open mutt's "view attachment" menu. Move the cursor over the TNEF attachment and press the enter key to "view" the attachment. Mutt will launch tnef and invoke it using the command line syntax specified in ~/.mailcap (step 1). tnef then decodes all file(s) included in the TNEF attachment, prompting for confir- mation prior to creating an individual file (refer to -w option above). -w is useful here because it gives the end user a chance to view the filename(s) included in the mail message. Note that Mutt's attachment menu also supports a pipe option, which permits the user to pipe attachments to an external filter (how conve- nient). So, to list the contents of a TNEF attachment prior to decoding it, press the "|" key and enter this command: tnef -t SEE ALSO
metamail(1), mailcap(4), mutt(1), other email clients. AUTHOR
Mark Simpson. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to Mark Simpson <verdammelt@users.sourceforge.net> OTHER REFERENCES
This web page: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q136/2/04.asp describes how to configure Microsoft email clients so that the TNEF format is disabled when sending messages to non-TNEF-compatible clients. Filter TNEF MIME Decoder TNEF(1)