Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiple attachments
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions multiple attachments Post 33232 by Kelam_Magnus on Friday 20th of December 2002 12:07:54 PM
Old 12-20-2002
Edog,

Perderabo, I believe has a script that is will allow attachments. The search tool seems to be broken when specifying a user name.

Here is the link. I had it saved in my favorites.

https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?s...ion+for+HPUnix

This will work for 1 attachment. but you can probably zip or use some other way the files you wish to mail.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

multiple attachments

how can you send multiple attachments in 1 email, usually I just use uuencode to send 1 attachment. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending multiple attachments

Hi people, I am new to this forums. I have a quick question I hope one of you could help me with. I am writing a script to send attachments via email. However I am having trouble when trying to send multiple attachments. Here is the code I am using: send_mail() { uuencode $TMP $TMP1 > $TMP1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo2k8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

e-mail with multiple binary attachments!

Hi, I have to send email from UNIX with multiple excel attachments and the sender name needs to be customized (sender name need not to be UNIX user). I have checked many ways from this forum and other sources. But, nothing did work for me. Please help me! thanks, Raja. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mailing Multiple Attachments in AIX

Hello Everyone, I'm trying to write ascript on AIX 5.3, that will e-mail all filles within a directory. But on executing a script , it sends only 1 file from the directory alongwith some Junk data. I have searched whole forum and almost used all the suggestions, but still getting same problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gem_In_I
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with multiple mail attachments

Hi everyone... I am facing problem with the multiple mail attachments. cd /work/mohan/pi_log/ mail_file='uuencode ahmedabad.csv ahmedabad.csv ; uuencode ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv ahmedabad_devrpt_20110530.csv' ( $mail_file ) | mailx -m -s"test" domain@website.com its giving me error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Multiple Attachments using MAILX

I have created a shell scripts and wanted to email users multiple attachments using mailx. I noticed that when I do a man on mailx I see and -a option for attachments. When I run a: mailx -s "test attachments" -a include_file -a exclude_file testuser@mydomain.com (Interrupt -- one more to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email with multiple attachments ?

Hello , I am trying to send an email with two attachments . I have tried all previous suggestion in this forum but none worked. I could send one attachment in an email by uuencode $file "$file" | mailx -m -s "File" xxx@xx.com but unable to send multiple attachments . I have tried ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple attachments using mutt

I am trying to attach multiple files using mutt command, and all file names to be attached are taken from a flat file. and mutt command is called from a bash script when : 1. Script execution is completed. 2. Script execution is interrupted for some reason. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to send mail with multiple attachments?

We don't have uuencode installed in our machines..... Please tell me how to send mail with multiple attachments ??? URGENT !!!!! Please tell me using command line (or) scripts.......... please...... Thanks in Advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Email Using uuenview w/ Multiple Attachments

HP-UX mbhp7640 B.11.31 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license Our database builds a MIME compliant html email, then cats that to sendmail - no problem. Due to horrible issues with the native uuencode, we long ago began using uuenview to encode our attachments - no problem. An example is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba77
1 Replies
mimecheck(1)						      Check MIME attachments						      mimecheck(1)

NAME
mimecheck - determine the type of the MIME encoded of an attachment mimezip - detect the type of MIME encoded zip archive in an attachment mimebzip - detect the type of MIME encoded bzip2 data in an attachment mimegzip - detect the type of MIME encoded gzip data in an attachment SYNOPSIS
mimecheck boundary [file] mimezip boundary [file] mimebzip boundary [file] mimegzip boundary [file] DESCRIPTION
The scripts mimecheck, mimezip, mimebzip, and mimegzip can be used to determine the contents of MIME encoded attachments of the type appli- cation/octet-stream. The scripts require the boundary as provided in the headers and/or bodys of mails with enclosed attachments. The scripts read from standard input if no file was provided and write out the detected MIME type to standard out. EXAMPLE
A short filter rule used by procmail(1) to check for DOS executables in MIME encoded zip archives found in many attachments: BLANK="[ ]+" TYPE="${BLANK}multipart/(alternative|mixed)" :0 * $ ^Content-Type:${TYPE};(${BLANK}|$)*boundary=["']?[^ "';]+ { BOUNDARY="${MATCH}" TYPE="" :0 B * $ ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:${BLANK}base64 { TYPE=`mimecheck ${BOUNDARY}` :0 * TYPE ?? application/x-zip { TYPE=`mimezip ${BOUNDARY}` } } :0 * TYPE ?? executable.*DOS * TYPE ?? DOS.*executable /dev/null } there is no guarantee that this piece of a procmailrc(5) file will work. SEE ALSO
procmailrc(5), file(1), sed(1), mimencode(1). COPYRIGHT
2007 SuSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany, 2007 Werner Fink. AUTHORS
Werner Fink <werner@suse.de>. 3rd Berkeley Distribution Juni 28, 2007 mimecheck(1)