Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Count Number Of Threads in a Process Post 33170 by Perderabo on Wednesday 18th of December 2002 10:00:24 AM
Old 12-18-2002
What OS are you using? With SunOS 5.6, a simple "ls /proc/*/lwp" will show you all the threads.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how to see the threads count of a process in hp unix?

hi,all: how to see the threads count of a process in hp unix? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugbugbug
2 Replies

2. Linux

Maximum number of threads handled by a process????

Hi Anybody knows max. no. of threads handled by a process in linux. Please reply Thanks in advnce :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agnello
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads and Threads Count ?

Hi all, How can I get the list of all Threads and the Total count of threads under a particular process ? Do suggest !! Awaiting for the replies !! Thanks Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Need help. Unable to create threads after a certain number

Hi, I have a process which creates pthreads to generate some reports. After creating the reports these threads return null. But after 1024 threads, the process is not able to create any threads further.,and at max 5 threads are existing simultaneously and are returning the control back after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

threads per process

What are the maximum number of threads possible per Process? Is it OS dependent? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digdarshan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Number of threads running

Is there any command to find 1) the number of threads running 2) kernel boot mode in solaris box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add the number of row and count number of rows

Hi experts a have a very large file and I need to add two columns: the first one numbering the incidence of records and the another with the total count The input file: 21 2341 A 21 2341 A 21 2341 A 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 4567 A 21 4567 A 21 4567 C ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juelillo
6 Replies

8. AIX

How to list all threads in a running process

Hello, On Linux, I can use 'ps -efL | grep process_name' to list all threads that belong to a running process. -L has a different meaning on AIX and I could not find an equivalent flag in the man pages. Does anyone know of a way to dump the threads under a running process? Thanks,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Configuring Number Threads

I have this error message from the logs of Zimbra email running on SUSE 11.2 Is the thread maximum of 20 an operating system parameter, or is it part of the application code, or part of the java run time? Part two, how would I increase that number? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to get number of threads for single java process on HP-UX OS?

Hi All, When i was trying to get total number of threads per java process using this command ps -o NLWP PID, I'm not getting any output. Could someone help me in this issue. Thanks, GMar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgangumolu
1 Replies
LWP-DUMP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       LWP-DUMP(1)

NAME
lwp-dump - See what headers and content is returned for a URL SYNOPSIS
lwp-dump [ options ] URL DESCRIPTION
The lwp-dump program will get the resource indentified by the URL and then dump the response object to STDOUT. This will display the headers returned and the initial part of the content, escaped so that it's safe to display even binary content. The escapes syntax used is the same as for Perl's double quoted strings. If there is no content the string "(no content)" is shown in its place. The following options are recognized: --agent str Override the user agent string passed to the server. --keep-client-headers LWP internally generate various "Client-*" headers that are stripped by lwp-dump in order to show the headers exactly as the server provided them. This option will suppress this. --max-length n How much of the content to show. The default is 512. Set this to 0 for unlimited. If the content is longer then the string is chopped at the limit and the string "... (### more bytes not shown)" appended. --method str Use the given method for the request instead of the default "GET". --parse-head By default lwp-dump will not try to initialize headers by looking at the head section of HTML documents. This option enables this. This corresponds to "parse_head" in LWP::UserAgent. --request Also dump the request sent. SEE ALSO
lwp-request, LWP, "dump" in HTTP::Message perl v5.12.5 2011-04-09 LWP-DUMP(1)