Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Count Number Of Threads in a Process Post 33161 by S.P.Prasad on Wednesday 18th of December 2002 06:11:28 AM
Old 12-18-2002
Count Number Of Threads in a Process

I am trying to find out that how many number of threads are currently running or in any other state which is created by POSIX standard in a process.
First I have defined a variable called proc_var of type proc defined in sys/proc.h.Next I open up the dir /proc and per directory wise I do an ioctl operation with cmd type PIOCPSINFO and target as address space of proc_var. But when I print the value of the member variable p_lwpcnt of proc_var ( i am not sure wether i am reffering to the correct one ) , i get output '6488064' as its value.I found out that the process is a user created one and the code creates only four threads.
Kindly guide me how to find the correct number Threads and its details, currently executing in a process.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how to see the threads count of a process in hp unix?

hi,all: how to see the threads count of a process in hp unix? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugbugbug
2 Replies

2. Linux

Maximum number of threads handled by a process????

Hi Anybody knows max. no. of threads handled by a process in linux. Please reply Thanks in advnce :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agnello
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Threads and Threads Count ?

Hi all, How can I get the list of all Threads and the Total count of threads under a particular process ? Do suggest !! Awaiting for the replies !! Thanks Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

Need help. Unable to create threads after a certain number

Hi, I have a process which creates pthreads to generate some reports. After creating the reports these threads return null. But after 1024 threads, the process is not able to create any threads further.,and at max 5 threads are existing simultaneously and are returning the control back after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krsh
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

threads per process

What are the maximum number of threads possible per Process? Is it OS dependent? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digdarshan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Number of threads running

Is there any command to find 1) the number of threads running 2) kernel boot mode in solaris box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add the number of row and count number of rows

Hi experts a have a very large file and I need to add two columns: the first one numbering the incidence of records and the another with the total count The input file: 21 2341 A 21 2341 A 21 2341 A 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 2341 C 21 4567 A 21 4567 A 21 4567 C ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: juelillo
6 Replies

8. AIX

How to list all threads in a running process

Hello, On Linux, I can use 'ps -efL | grep process_name' to list all threads that belong to a running process. -L has a different meaning on AIX and I could not find an equivalent flag in the man pages. Does anyone know of a way to dump the threads under a running process? Thanks,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Configuring Number Threads

I have this error message from the logs of Zimbra email running on SUSE 11.2 Is the thread maximum of 20 an operating system parameter, or is it part of the application code, or part of the java run time? Part two, how would I increase that number? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to get number of threads for single java process on HP-UX OS?

Hi All, When i was trying to get total number of threads per java process using this command ps -o NLWP PID, I'm not getting any output. Could someone help me in this issue. Thanks, GMar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgangumolu
1 Replies
Tcl_CreateTimerHandler(3)				      Tcl Library Procedures					 Tcl_CreateTimerHandler(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_CreateTimerHandler, Tcl_DeleteTimerHandler - call a procedure at a given time SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_TimerToken Tcl_CreateTimerHandler(milliseconds, proc, clientData) Tcl_DeleteTimerHandler(token) ARGUMENTS
int milliseconds (in) How many milliseconds to wait before invoking proc. Tcl_TimerProc *proc (in) Procedure to invoke after milliseconds have elapsed. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary one-word value to pass to proc. Tcl_TimerToken token (in) Token for previously created timer handler (the return value from some previous call to Tcl_Cre- ateTimerHandler). _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_CreateTimerHandler arranges for proc to be invoked at a time milliseconds milliseconds in the future. The callback to proc will be made by Tcl_DoOneEvent, so Tcl_CreateTimerHandler is only useful in programs that dispatch events through Tcl_DoOneEvent or through Tcl commands such as vwait. The call to proc may not be made at the exact time given by milliseconds: it will be made at the next opportunity after that time. For example, if Tcl_DoOneEvent is not called until long after the time has elapsed, or if there are other pending events to process before the call to proc, then the call to proc will be delayed. Proc should have arguments and return value that match the type Tcl_TimerProc: typedef void Tcl_TimerProc(ClientData clientData); The clientData parameter to proc is a copy of the clientData argument given to Tcl_CreateTimerHandler when the callback was created. Typi- cally, clientData points to a data structure containing application-specific information about what to do in proc. Tcl_DeleteTimerHandler may be called to delete a previously created timer handler. It deletes the handler indicated by token so that no call to proc will be made; if that handler no longer exists (e.g. because the time period has already elapsed and proc has been invoked then Tcl_DeleteTimerHandler does nothing. The tokens returned by Tcl_CreateTimerHandler never have a value of NULL, so if NULL is passed to Tcl_DeleteTimerHandler then the procedure does nothing. KEYWORDS
callback, clock, handler, timer Tcl 7.5 Tcl_CreateTimerHandler(3)