Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 32-bit or 64-bit
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 32-bit or 64-bit Post 31688 by Ralf on Tuesday 12th of November 2002 07:22:41 AM
Old 11-12-2002
Thanks everyone Smilie this is a big help.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

boot the 32 bit kernel on a 64 bit PPC Linux machine?

Hi all, I'm looking to cover a corner case for an upcoming test cycle. Is there a way to boot a RedHat Advanced Server 4 (update 3) installed on a Power PC machine to use a 32 bit kernel? This would be similar to what is done here -> https://www.unix.com/aix/26204-aix-platform.html I've done... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philrau
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
strccpy(3GEN)					     String Pattern-Matching Library Functions					     strccpy(3GEN)

NAME
strccpy, streadd, strcadd, strecpy - copy strings, compressing or expanding escape codes SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lgen [ library ... ] #include <libgen.h> char *strccpy(char *output, const char *input); char *strcadd(char *output, const char *input); char *strecpy(char *output, const char *input, const char *exceptions); char *streadd(char *output, const char *input, const char *exceptions); DESCRIPTION
strccpy() copies the input string, up to a null byte, to the output string, compressing the C-language escape sequences (for example, , 01) to the equivalent character. A null byte is appended to the output. The output argument must point to a space big enough to accommo- date the result. If it is as big as the space pointed to by input it is guaranteed to be big enough. strccpy() returns the output argument. strcadd() is identical to strccpy(), except that it returns the pointer to the null byte that terminates the output. strecpy() copies the input string, up to a null byte, to the output string, expanding non-graphic characters to their equivalent C-language escape sequences (for example, , 01). The output argument must point to a space big enough to accommodate the result; four times the space pointed to by input is guaranteed to be big enough (each character could become and 3 digits). Characters in the exceptions string are not expanded. The exceptions argument may be zero, meaning all non-graphic characters are expanded. strecpy() returns the output argu- ment. streadd() is identical to strecpy(), except that it returns the pointer to the null byte that terminates the output. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Example of expanding and compressing escape codes. /* expand all but newline and tab */ strecpy( output, input, " " ); /* concatenate and compress several strings */ cp = strcadd( output, input1 ); cp = strcadd( cp, input2 ); cp = strcadd( cp, input3 ); ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
string(3C), strfind(3GEN), attributes(5) NOTES
When compiling multi-thread applications, the _REENTRANT flag must be defined on the compile line. This flag should only be used in multi- thread applications. SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 strccpy(3GEN)