Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Copying files between 2 Unix server Post 31549 by biker on Saturday 9th of November 2002 05:16:38 PM
Old 11-09-2002
Docboyeee,

You could also use the "tar" command to archive the multiple files into a single file. This file could then be copied to the 2nd server with the utility of your choice (e.g. FTP).

If the file is large, you may want to consider compressing it with a program like "gzip" prior to the transfer.

Good luck!

Biker
Systems/Network Administrator
LiveFire Labs - Hands-On Technical e-Learning
www.LiveFireLabs.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying directories from NT server to Unix server (solaris 5.8)

I need to copy around 30 directories (each directory include one or more text file(s)) from NT server to Unix server at one go. For doing this what are the privillages i should have in both NT and Unix server. Please let me know which command i can use in shell prompt. TIA. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script in UNIX for copying files in two server

can anyone help me in writing script in UNIX for copying files in two server from the third server after checking the files in the third server and if there is anything new in the third server automatically it should be added to the rest of the two servers and if same file is existing in the two... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: REKHA09
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a list of files from one 'server' to another?

I have two servers. I would like to copy some files from one directory on server A into the same directory on server B. Its not all the files in in the directory, just some of them. Is there a way to make a file list in a txt file and then somehow copy all the files in that list in one go to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files from one server to other.

Any one advice here- need to copy some files from one server to other server thru shell programming. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: samkhu
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from different server

Is there any option to copy files from a different server other than using an SCP command??? thanks,:b: Arun manas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How do i copy files from Unix Server to my Local Desktop.. ANy ideas..please suggest....V Urgent. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win4luv
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How to copy files from Unix server to Local (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: win4luv
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from one server to another

I need to copy huge set of data(files & floder) from one server to other. Can any one guide me.I have tried throught ftp mget but it is vain...floder are not moving...... Do suggest me any good method (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying the files to Windows server from UNIX server

Hi Team, I had a requirement to write a shell script which automatically transfer the files from unix server to windows server. I can able to unix to unix using Scp command. I am not sure how to do unix to windows. I am very new on this concept. Could you please help me or guide in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)