Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GUI for Redhat Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers GUI for Redhat Linux Post 31519 by savagebeast on Friday 8th of November 2002 10:30:47 PM
Old 11-08-2002
Question GUI for Redhat Linux

I just installed Redhat Linux 8.0 and I do not know how to get to my GUI Desktop. Right now I'm just in the shell please help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redhat 7.1 GUI

I am trying to install a Linux LFS server. I have not been able to figure out how to get the GUI to load up. I'm not even sure if it has been installed. Any information would be greatly appreciatted. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlcrowder
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need a gui for linux.

I want one that won't run too slugish on a slower system (p 200Mhz for example). I know kde is out, anybody think gnome will run ok (I got 128 megs ram on it btw...don't ask :))? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pudad
5 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Linux GUI

I got Linux 9 installed on my system with the GUI. One fine day....the GUI wouldn't start. How should i set it right? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preeya
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Linux not logging into GUI

hi, Can someone help in trouble shooting why my RedHat linux 8.0 in not logging into the KDE screen. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Problems running redhat config samba in the GUI

hi Recently the above option has stopped working all together. On clicking on this option it appears as though the window will open as the outline of the box appears but nothing more. On running this from a command prompt within the GUI , I get the following error: The last line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: timcs
0 Replies

6. Programming

GUI applications on SunSolaris and RedHat Linux

Hello, I want know about building a product on Sun solaris and Redhat Linux. Product would contain C,C++, Java, UNIX Shell scripts and so on. It will not be a client server programme. Thanks! Shafi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Small linux no gui

I want to execute from a grub a very small linux that only has commands, so at startup it executes this shell script I wrote and after that the user has an option to go back to the grub. I've heard of busybox but that doesn't seem to be helpful? Can anyone recommend a non gui distro, that can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcnewton13
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RedHat Linux GUI Issues

hi all i have installed Windows 7 first. then i installed linux on dual partations... i am booting both of them through dual boot... but when i start linux its only working well with CUI, when i used commands like startx or changed the initd to 5 then its loading the GUI interface of RedHat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nikhil Dethe
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

[Solved] Redhat system is not booting in GUI mode

Hi Guys Required help in Redhat 6.1. After installation of Redhat 6.1 in VMware system is not going in GUI mode. please to solve the issue... Thanks... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviltech
5 Replies
GIT-GUI(1)							    Git Manual								GIT-GUI(1)

NAME
git-gui - A portable graphical interface to Git SYNOPSIS
git gui [<command>] [arguments] DESCRIPTION
A Tcl/Tk based graphical user interface to Git. git gui focuses on allowing users to make changes to their repository by making new commits, amending existing ones, creating branches, performing local merges, and fetching/pushing to remote repositories. Unlike gitk, git gui focuses on commit generation and single file annotation and does not show project history. It does however supply menu actions to start a gitk session from within git gui. git gui is known to work on all popular UNIX systems, Mac OS X, and Windows (under both Cygwin and MSYS). To the extent possible OS specific user interface guidelines are followed, making git gui a fairly native interface for users. COMMANDS
blame Start a blame viewer on the specified file on the given version (or working directory if not specified). browser Start a tree browser showing all files in the specified commit (or HEAD by default). Files selected through the browser are opened in the blame viewer. citool Start git gui and arrange to make exactly one commit before exiting and returning to the shell. The interface is limited to only commit actions, slightly reducing the application's startup time and simplifying the menubar. version Display the currently running version of git gui. EXAMPLES
git gui blame Makefile Show the contents of the file Makefile in the current working directory, and provide annotations for both the original author of each line, and who moved the line to its current location. The uncommitted file is annotated, and uncommitted changes (if any) are explicitly attributed to Not Yet Committed. git gui blame v0.99.8 Makefile Show the contents of Makefile in revision v0.99.8 and provide annotations for each line. Unlike the above example the file is read from the object database and not the working directory. git gui blame --line=100 Makefile Loads annotations as described above and automatically scrolls the view to center on line 100. git gui citool Make one commit and return to the shell when it is complete. This command returns a non-zero exit code if the window was closed in any way other than by making a commit. git gui citool --amend Automatically enter the Amend Last Commit mode of the interface. git gui citool --nocommit Behave as normal citool, but instead of making a commit simply terminate with a zero exit code. It still checks that the index does not contain any unmerged entries, so you can use it as a GUI version of git-mergetool(1) git citool Same as git gui citool (above). git gui browser maint Show a browser for the tree of the maint branch. Files selected in the browser can be viewed with the internal blame viewer. SEE ALSO
gitk(1) The git repository browser. Shows branches, commit history and file differences. gitk is the utility started by git gui's Repository Visualize actions. OTHER
git gui is actually maintained as an independent project, but stable versions are distributed as part of the Git suite for the convenience of end users. A git gui development repository can be obtained from: git clone git://repo.or.cz/git-gui.git or git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/git-gui.git or browsed online at http://repo.or.cz/w/git-gui.git/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-GUI(1)