Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CUPS has gone away
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users CUPS has gone away Post 303003166 by jgt on Friday 8th of September 2017 10:26:12 AM
Old 09-08-2017
Did you solve the other problem that you were having last week?

HP 1012 Printer

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Installation of CUPS in HP-UX

Hi, Can anybody provide me the download link for CUPS on HP-UX 11i? and point me where i can get thorough help or howtos, certainly detailed, to get cups and hopefully my printer running? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how does cups recognize a new driver?

hi there, i am attempting to recognize a network printer on my red hat box. i know the IP, i have procured the correct driver, however, CUPS (nor the add printer utility) doesn't recognize the driver nor the printer type. i am assuming this has to do with the location of the driver. can anyone... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickenyon
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problem with compileing CUPS

Hi guys, I'm trying to install a newer version of CUPS and my compilation fails: # ./configure checking for gawk... gawk checking for gcc... gcc checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out checking whether the C compiler works... yes checking whether we are cross compiling...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

cups printing error

Hi All, Having searched for a solution to this issue i found no suggestions which help my particular problem. I am getting the following error message on 1 of the 3 printers i have configured: recoverable: Network host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' is busy; will retry in 30 seconds All 3 printers are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Troubleshooting printing through Cups

Hello Experts, I have been facing an issue with printing through cups configured on Linux server. All was going on well but all of a sudden the printers started giving an error message, "Unsupported format application/postscript!" and we cant get any prints of any printer. Need your help as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPs automation

A little background information: We are a company that uses Sharp MFP devices for everyone to print on. We have a lot of MAC BYOD devices. All printing is done through a product called PaperCut which is ran on a Windows 2008 R2 server. Sharp charges our company for each print job done in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdmorecraft
1 Replies

7. Solaris

CUPS problems

I am running cups 2.0.2 on solaris 11, trying to get CUPS to report the page count of what was printed correctly. Right now I have the printer configured as post script both on solaris and on the windows box i am printing from. What happens is that when i print more pages than 2, the page count... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt99199
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CUPS configuration

Hi, I just set up a CUPS server for my printers and want every computer in my home to use it. To connect to the print server with my Ubuntu 14.04 as a client which possibilities are there, if I don't want to use a client.conf in /etc/cups/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gajeela
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[CUPS] printers not shown after a while

I'm currently running a CUPS server and it shows the printers on other computers just fine, but after a while they disappear. I found out, that restarting /etc/init.d/cups-browsed fixes the problem (for about 15min). When the printers disappear, the cups-browsed service is still running, so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajeela
0 Replies
cupsd(8)							    Apple Inc.								  cupsd(8)

NAME
cupsd - cups scheduler SYNOPSIS
cupsd [ -c cupsd.conf ] [ -f ] [ -F ] [ -h ] [ -l ] [ -s cups-files.conf ] [ -t ] DESCRIPTION
cupsd is the scheduler for CUPS. It implements a printing system based upon the Internet Printing Protocol, version 2.1, and supports most of the requirements for IPP Everywhere. If no options are specified on the command-line then the default configuration file /etc/cups/cupsd.conf will be used. OPTIONS
-c cupsd.conf Uses the named cupsd.conf configuration file. -f Run cupsd in the foreground; the default is to run in the background as a "daemon". -F Run cupsd in the foreground but detach the process from the controlling terminal and current directory. This is useful for running cupsd from init(8). -h Shows the program usage. -l This option is passed to cupsd when it is run from launchd(8) or systemd(8). -s cups-files.conf Uses the named cups-files.conf configuration file. -t Test the configuration file for syntax errors. FILES
/etc/cups/classes.conf /etc/cups/cups-files.conf /etc/cups/cupsd.conf /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.convs /usr/share/cups/mime/mime.types /etc/cups/printers.conf /etc/cups/subscriptions.conf CONFORMING TO
cupsd implements all of the required IPP/2.1 attributes and operations. It also implements several CUPS-specific administrative operations. EXAMPLES
Run cupsd in the background with the default configuration file: cupsd Test a configuration file called test.conf: cupsd -t -c test.conf Run cupsd in the foreground with a test configuration file called test.conf: cupsd -f -c test.conf SEE ALSO
backend(7), classes.conf(5), cups(1), cups-files.conf(5), cups-lpd(8), cupsd.conf(5), cupsd-helper(8), cupsd-logs(8), filter(7), launchd(8), mime.convs(5), mime.types(5), printers.conf(5), systemd(8), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 12 February 2016 CUPS cupsd(8)