Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Passwd without prompt
Operating Systems SCO Passwd without prompt Post 303002214 by Arnaudh78 on Saturday 19th of August 2017 06:20:19 PM
Old 08-19-2017
Hello jochen,

Maybe try:
Code:
echo -e "$password\n$password" | passwd "$user"

Regards,

Arnaud

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passwd

I have to change more then 200 User at once the password (security-dday). The programm passwd will answers (new password + again) How can i do this in a script? thanks for answers (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erwin Stocker
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passwd

hello, I don't why I can't change the password, when ever I try to run passwd I get the problem??!!! unixws1:ldb> passwd passwd: Changing password for ldb Permission denied regards, me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

etc/passwd

Can anyone explain the second and third fields in /etc/passwd. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nguda
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

passwd

Dear frnds, I have 250 users in passwd file with different passwords, how i can change the password to username+99. pls help out. regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

wc /etc/passwd

I have left unix for a long time.Almost forget everthing.:( Anybody can tell me what is the meaning? wc /etc/passwd 9 16 1155 /etc/passwd and $ wc -l /etc/passwd wc -l /etc/passwd 9 /etc/passwd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

6. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

7. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passwd -s

Hi, I've a problem regarding understanding of result of passwd -s command. > passwd -s abc PS 05/24/12 0 441 I'm not a super user. But i need to write a simple code for checking password expiry and send an email to the team id. Is there any other command or way to achieve this?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)