Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error with script for ssh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error with script for ssh Post 303001889 by sam_bd on Sunday 13th of August 2017 10:38:22 PM
Old 08-13-2017
Thank you vbe, MadeInGermany for your responses.
vbe: yes i'll keep that in mind not to use keywords.
MadeInGermany: i did
Code:
type ssh

and got
Code:
ssh is /usr/bin/ssh

. I ran the script without using the one suggested by you. What i'm seeing is 4 banners of HP UX and then the error message as i've posted above. So looks like it's logging into all the 4 servers mentioned in the
Code:
serverlist.txt

but unable to get command output. However i'll try with your suggested script. But i need to understand it. Smilie

---------- Post updated at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:59 AM ----------

Hi MadeInGermany: just tried with your suggested script. I'm getting 4 HP-UX banners (because i've mentioned only 4 servers in the server list) but not seeing the error as mentioned above. Also not seeing the hostname and home directory in the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command in ksh script encounters permission error

I've created a script and copied it to another server and try to execute it at the same time but I'm getting a permission error. I'm logged on as root and I gave the file 777 permission when I created it, but I can't run it remotely via ssh command because of permission issue. Any ideas? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdtak
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh error: Error reading response length from authentication socket

Hi - I am getting the error `Error reading response length from authentication socket' when I ssh from my cluster to another cluster, and then back to my cluster. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it's just annoying that it always pops up and tends to confuse new users of the cluster. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ssh error

Hi, I'm executing the set of commands in remote machine via ssh command. But the control is not even going inside the if statement (not echo-ing anything). /usr/bin/ssh ${2}@${1} <<EOF >/var/tmp/housekeeping_${1}_${2}_`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`.log if ; then echo -e "File system is 100%... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Executing a script(SSH problem)

Hi i m writing a script which will fetch data from different machines and display it on single terminal. I have created a file named SERVERNAMES containing ip address of machines i need to monitor. Then for every IP i m issuing ssh command to get date on that machine. However When i m trying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - run shell script - Error

Hi Team, I am trying to run shell script from one server to another server with below command. ssh abc@pqr.america.com /tmp/test.ksh But, it gives below error. Can someone help me what is the issue? exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH using shell script terminates the script execution

Hello, I am writing a shell script in which i do ssh to remote server and count the number of files there and then exit. After the exit the shell script terminates which i believe is expected behavior. Can some one suggest me a way where even after the exit the script execution resumes. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manaankit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh run script error

Hello when try to excute the following ssh -l pla 10.287.60.55 vis_fil vis_fil not found. but it works fine when login to the server. can you help me run this command in one online because i will add later to shell script regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP or scp with password in a batch script without using SSH keys and expect script

Dear All, I have a requirement where I have to SFTP or SCP a file in a batch script. Unfortunately, the destination server setup is such that it doesn't allow for shell command line login. So, I am not able to set up SSH keys. My source server is having issues with Expect. So, unable to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

Ssh error

ssh -q <remote_server> <command> is not working for only one remote server. From the source, we are able to connect other servers using the above command but one. All the servers are in same network and no selinux/iptables enabled. The verbose output has the following message - debug1:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project