Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Use variable that needs "" in remote ssh command. Post 303001829 by Don Cragun on Friday 11th of August 2017 06:05:11 PM
Old 08-11-2017
What happens with:
Code:
FL=`ssh -q $SERVER grep "\"$DATE2\"" /var/log/secure | grep Failed | grep -Po "[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+\.[0-9]+" | sort | uniq -c | tr "\n" " "`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running command "md5" on remote host not working.

My question is very strange. I can run ls command on remote host using ssh successfully. but when i try to run /sbin/md5 command on remote host. it doesnt run and get back to me on command prompt. md5 command is exist on remote host. This is what i tried which ran successfully. Query -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Connection closed by remote host" while doing ssh to a solaris box

Hi All, When i try to do ssh from a linux to solaris box its throughing "Connection closed by remote host". Please not that this error is not occuring every time i do ssh, it occurs at random timing( Mostly ssh is successful) - unfortunately my script which is doing ssh is falling at this time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkumar7
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script skips "read" command

This script is supposed to display a file ( crontab ), ask the user if they wish to update the file, then it goes through an update routine. #!/bin/bash FILE=/etc/crontab tail -5 $FILE echo -n "Does crontab need updating" read HOURS ...routines ....etc... Runs locally... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
8 Replies

4. AIX

ssh public key auth "Remote login for account is not allowed" ?

Hello, Using AIX 6.1 boxes. User user1 connects from box A to box B using ssh. When password authentication is used everything is fine. When I configure user1 to use public key authentication sftp client works fine(no password asked), but ssh client fails. This is sshd log: Accepted publickey... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant get variable outside "while" in ssh

Hi all I have a problem with this var :( I dont know why I cant get it ?!!?! Im trying with newvar1=$(($var+1)) newvar1=$(($var + 1)) newvar1=`expr $var + 1` expr: syntax error expr: syntax error expr: syntax error but it not work :( in other script its ok and working tell me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanantonio7777
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Netra X1 LOM: Unable to change any variable via the "set" command

I'm posting here as it didn't seem quite right in the hardware section (as it's LOM commands). My apologies if I have that wrong though :) I've finally gotten round to configuring the LOM on my Netra X1, but I can't get it to change the hostname via the "set" command: lom>show hostname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the significance of sh -s in ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh?

Please can you help me understand the significance of providing arguments under sh -s in > ssh -qtt ${user}@${host} "sh -s "${version}"" < test.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop breaking when using "ssh" command inside

Hi , I am trying to read a list of hosts from a config file and trying to get file list from that host. For this I have used one while loop. cat "$ARCHIVE_CFG_FILE" | sed '/^$/d' | sed '/^#/d' | while read ARCHIVE_CFG do SOURCE_SERVER_NAME=`echo "$ARCHIVE_CFG" | awk -F '|' '{ print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)