Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the original file size of encrypted file Post 303000624 by vsachan on Sunday 16th of July 2017 08:30:38 AM
Old 07-16-2017
Computer Find the original file size of encrypted file

Hi,
I am trying to find out the original file size of an encrypted file in SunOS.
The file was decrypted with gpg command.

I want to know the size of the orginal file without decrypting it. I am using the below command, but it is not working for big files(more than 1 GB).
Code:
gpg --passphrase "password" --list-packets <File-Name>

Please help me to find the size of original files without decrypting the data as ther are many files.

Thanks,
Vipin

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please wrap all code, files, input & output/errors in CODE tags.
it makes it easier to read and preserves multiple spaces for indenting or fixed-width data.

Last edited by rbatte1; 07-17-2017 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: Code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find the file by size

Hi, Can somebody PLEASE help me. Suppose I want to find a file which has largest no of bytes in a particular directory, How do i do that. ls -s will give the size of Blocks. But I want the largest sized file and in bytes or KB OR MB. tHANKS IN advanvce. Bye Rooh :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find size of a file

Hi, I have to directory /usr/inbound ------------- 10900.txt 10889.txt 109290202.txt I need to create inbound directory and i need to know size of these files one by one if file size is zero i need to print message like "empty file" Please help me how to solve this thanks krish. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scripts not able to make the file to size 0, every times it go back to its original size

#!/bin/sh ########################################################################################################## #This script is being used for AOK application for cleaning up the .out files and zip it under logs directory. # IBM # Created #For pdocap201/pdoca202 .out files for AOK #1.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CSV file:Find duplicates, save original and duplicate records in a new file

Hi Unix gurus, Maybe it is too much to ask for but please take a moment and help me out. A very humble request to you gurus. I'm new to Unix and I have started learning Unix. I have this project which is way to advanced for me. File format: CSV file File has four columns with no header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindosu
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know the Original size of the file without unzipping the File?

Hi, I don't have enough space on my Unix Box. So, I can't unzip the file and check the size of the file. So, I need to know, Is there any command, to check, how much the unzipped file takes after unzipping. Thanks in Advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva Sankar
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get original file size of zipped file

Hi, I have a process which creates files and gzip all the files. Next day, i need to get the file sizes ( before zip size ) of all the gzipped files. Is there any way i can get the original file sizes of gzipped files. Gunzipping the files, getting the file size and gzipping again is not the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How To Find GPG Keys In Encrypted File With Out Decrypting it?

Hello All, Is there a way to determine how many public keys are embedded or used to encrypt in a GPG file with out decrypting the actual encrypted file. I know i can see the keys & email id's used when we decrypt it, but curious to find a command if any to know with out decrypting the actual file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
2 Replies
GPG-ZIP(1)						      General Commands Manual							GPG-ZIP(1)

NAME
gpg-zip - encrypt or sign files into an archive SYNOPSIS
gpg-zip [OPTIONS] filename1 [filename2, ...] directory1 [directory2, ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gpg-zip command. gpg-zip encrypts or signs files into an archive. It is an gpg-ized tar using the same format as PGP's PGP Zip. OPTIONS
-e, --encrypt Encrypt data. This option may be combined with --symmetric (for output that may be decrypted via a secret key or a passphrase). -d, --decrypt Decrypt data. -c, --symmetric Encrypt with a symmetric cipher using a passphrase. The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5, but may be chosen with the --cipher-algo option to gpg(1). -s, --sign Make a signature. See gpg(1). -r, --recipient USER Encrypt for user id USER. See gpg(1). -u, --local-user USER Use USER as the key to sign with. See gpg(1). --list-archive List the contents of the specified archive. -o, --output FILE" Write output to specified file FILE. --gpg GPG Use the specified command instead of gpg. --gpg-args ARGS Pass the specified options to gpg(1). --tar TAR Use the specified command instead of tar. --tar-args ARGS Pass the specified options to tar(1). -h, --help Output a short usage information. --version Output the program version. DIAGNOSTICS
The program returns 0 if everything was fine, 1 otherwise. EXAMPLES
Encrypt the contents of directory mydocs for user Bob to file test1: gpg-zip --encrypt --output test1 --gpg-args -r Bob"" mydocs List the contents of archive test1: gpg-zip --list-archive test1 SEE ALSO
gpg(1), tar(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Please report bugs to <bug-gnupg@gnu.org>. This manpage was written by Colin Tuckley <colin@tuckley.org> and Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> for the Debian distribution (but may be used by others). November 2006 GPG-ZIP(1)