Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove the leading and trailing date from a CSV file Post 303000450 by shivamayam on Wednesday 12th of July 2017 10:34:51 AM
Old 07-12-2017
Thank you rdrtx1.

I have copied current date files to a directory, so I have to implement this requirement (leading and trailing date to be removed).

Appreciate your help.

Last edited by shivamayam; 07-13-2017 at 08:33 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leading and Trailing Spaces

Hi, how to i remove leading and trailing spaces from a line? the spaces can be behind or in front of any field or line example of a line in the input data: Amy Reds , 100 , /bin/sh how to i get it to be: Amy Read,100,/bin/sh i saw something on this on the Man pages for AWK... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepster
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing leading and trailing spaces of data between the tags in xml.

I am having xml document as below. <transactionid> 00 </transactionid> <tracknumber> 0 </tracknumber> <key> N/A </key> But the data contains leading and trailing spaces between the tags. Please let me know how can i remove these leading and trailing spaces between the tags.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhmr7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove trailing and leading spaces using tr command

Dear All, can you please advice how do i remove trailing and leading spaces from a pipe-delimited file using "tr" command the below cmd, i tried removed all spaces tr -d ' '<s1.txt>s2.txt1 Many thx Suresh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing leading and trailing spaces only in PERL

Hi All, I have a file with the following contents with multiple lines 172445957| 000005911|8| 400 Peninsula Ave.#1551 | And,K |935172445957|000005911 607573888 |000098536 | 2|Ane, B |J |Ane |1868 |19861206|20090106|20071001 I want to trim the "leading and trailing spaces only" from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove trailing spaces from file

I'm currently writing my sql results to a file and they have trailing spaces after each field. I want to get rid of these spaces and I'm using this code: TVXTEMP=$(echo $TVXTEMP|sed -e 's/\ //g') It doesn't work though. I'm not familiar with sedscript, and the other codes I've found online... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to move leading negative sign to trailing position

Hi All, I am having a file which contains negative numbers, wht i am doing is re-formattting the file(moving few columns and add few hard codings between), while reformatting i would want the negative numbers to have the sign as trailing rather than leading. Existing -2400.00 34 0.00... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvankj
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearing leading and trailing blanks from a string in C Shell

Does anyone know of a way with C Shell that will work on both Linux and Sun to clear all leading and trailing blanks from a previously specified string? I am using the following code to replace blanks with underscores: set Company = `echo $Company | sed 's/ /_/g but I don't want any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phudgens
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ho to remove leading zeros from a csv file which is sent from a UNIX script

Hi All, I am using a informatica job to create a csv file and a unix script the mail the generated file.Everything is working fine but I am not seeing leading zeros in the csv file sent in the mail.These zeros were present when the .csv file was generated by informatica procees. Is there any... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading and trailing spaces from a file

Hi, I am trying to remove leading and trailing spaces from a file using awk but somehow I have not been able to do it. Here is the data that I want to trim. 07/12/2017 15:55:00 |entinfdev |AD ping Time ms | .474| 1.41| .581|green |flat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove leading and trailing spaces for variable in shell script?

Hi I have variable named tablename. The value to tablename variable has leading and trailing white spaces. How to remove the leading and training white spaces and write the value of the tablename without space to a file using shell script. ( for e.g. tablename= yyy ) INPUT ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pottic
10 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)