Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep for an exact match in a file Post 303000403 by RudiC on Tuesday 11th of July 2017 04:39:54 PM
Old 07-11-2017
WHAT exactly is going wrong? I see the variable is matched and grep returns en exit code of 0 (= success).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Exact Match thru grep ?????

hey..... i do have text where the contents are like as follows, FILE_TYPE_NUM_01=FILE_TYPE=01|FILE_DESC=Periodic|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=B FILE_TYPE_NUM_02=FILE_TYPE=02|FILE_DESC=NCTO|FILE_SCHDL_TYPE=Daily|FILE_SCHDL=|FILE_SCHDL_TIME=9:00am|RESULTS=M... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep returns partial matches, I need to get an exact match or nothing

I’m trying to modify someone perl script to fix a bug. The piece of code checks that the zone name you want to add is unique. However, when the code runs, it finds a partial match using grep, and decides it already exists, so the “create” command exits. $cstatus = `${ZADM} list -vic | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
3 Replies

3. Solaris

grep exact match

Hi This time I'm trying to grep for an exact match e.g cat.dog.horse.cow.bird.pig horse.dog.pig pig.cat.horse.dog horse dog dog pig.dog pig.dog.bird how do I grep for dog only so that a wc -l would result 2 in above case. Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 06:33 AM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rob171171
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep and sed exact match questions

This was mistaken as homework in a different forum, but is not. These are questions that are close to what I am trying to do at work. QUESTION1: How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and sed exact match questions

This post was previously mistaken for homework, but is actually a small piece of what I working on at work. Please answer if you can. QUESTION1 How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep two words with exact match

HI Input : Counters Counter Int Ints Counters Counters Ints Ints I want to grep Counter|Int Output : Counter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for exact match using grep

I am searching for an exact match on a value read from another file to lookup an email address in another file. The file being checked is called "contacts" and it has Act #, email address, and contact person. 1693;abc1693@yahoo.comt;Tommy D 6423;abc6423@yahoo.comt;Jim Doran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep multiple exact match, do not display lines

Hi, Need help to grep the following from a file x. I just want to grep exact match not lines and not partial word. CONFSUCCESS CONFFAIL CONFPARTIALSUCCESS >cat x xczxczxczc zczczcxx CONFSUCCESS czczczcczc czxxczxzxczcczc CONFFAIL xczxczcxcczczc zczczczcz CONFPARTIALSUCCESS czczxcxzc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep or sed - printing line only with exact match

Hello. In my script, some command return : q | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | x86_64 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default | package | 3.19.0-1.1.g8a7d5f9 | i586 | openSUSE-13.2-Kernel_stable_standard | kernel-default ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep exact match

Hello! I have 2 files named tacs.tmp and tacDB.txt tacs.tmp looks like this 0 10235647 102700 106800 107200 1105700 tacDB.txt looks like this 100100,Mitsubishi,G410,Handheld,,0,0,0 100200,Siemens,A53,Handheld,,0,0,0 100300,Sony Ericsson,TBD (AAB-1880030-BV),Handheld,,0,0,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
2 Replies
AUSYSCALL:(8)						  System Administration Utilities					     AUSYSCALL:(8)

NAME
ausyscall - a program that allows mapping syscall names and numbers SYNOPSIS
ausyscall [arch] name | number | --dump | --exact DESCRIPTION
ausyscall is a program that prints out the mapping from syscall name to number and reverse for the given arch. The arch can be anything returned by `uname -m`. If arch is not given, the program will take a guess based on the running image. You may give the syscall name or number and it will find the opposite. You can also dump the whole table with the --dump option. By default a syscall name lookup will be a substring match meaning that it will try to match all occurrences of the given name with syscalls. So giving a name of chown will match both fchown and chown as any other syscall with chown in its name. If this behavior is not desired, pass the --exact flag and it will do an exact string match. This program can be used to verify syscall numbers on a biarch platform for rule optimization. For example, suppose you had an auditctl rule: -a always, exit -S open -F exit=-EPERM -k fail-open If you wanted to verify that both 32 and 64 bit programs would be audited, run "ausyscall i386 open" and then "ausyscall x86_64 open". Look at the returned numbers. If they are different, you will have to write two auditctl rules to get complete coverage. -a always,exit -F arch=b32 -S open -F exit=-EPERM -k fail-open -a always,exit -F arch=b64 -S open -F exit=-EPERM -k fail-open For more information about a specific syscall, use the man program and pass the number 2 as an argument to make sure that you get the syscall information rather than a shell script program or glibc function call of the same name. For example, if you wanted to learn about the open syscall, type: man 2 open. OPTIONS
--dump Print all syscalls for the given arch --exact Instead of doing a partial word match, match the given syscall name exactly. SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Nov 2008 AUSYSCALL:(8)