Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace string in a file.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace string in a file. Post 303000326 by shamrock on Monday 10th of July 2017 10:21:19 AM
Old 07-10-2017
Can you post what you've tried to solve this...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Replace A String In File With A String Containing Windows File Path

Hi, I have a file with the following contents # Lines that start with a # are comments. # # Calling TOAD like this will perform a comparison from command line : # # "C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 9.6\toad.exe" -c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search a string in the file and then replace another string after that position

Hi I am looking for a particular string in a file.If the string exists, then I want to replace another string with some other text.Once replaced, search for the same text after that character position in the file. :wall: E.g: Actual File content: Hello Name: Nitin Raj Welcome to Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file, and replace certain string with another string?

Hi all, the value in the following file is just an example. It could be a different value/network addresses. Here is my example of initial output in a file name net.txt Initial Output, net.txt The goal is to produce the following format which is to convert from CIDR to Netmask... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a string,delete the line and replace with new string in a file

Hi Everyone, I have a requirement in ksh where i have a set of files in a directory. I need to search each and every file if a particular string is present in the file, delete that line and replace that line with another string expression in the same file. I am very new to unix. Kindly help... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search partial string in a file and replace the string - UNIX

I have the below string which i need to compare with a file and replace this string in the file which matches closely. Can anyone help me on this. string(Scenario 1)- user::r--,user::ourfrd:r-- String(Scenario 2)- user::r-- File **** # file: /local/Desktop/myfile # owner: me # group:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
6 Replies
post(3MENU)															       post(3MENU)

NAME
menu_post - write or erase menus from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int post_menu(MENU *menu); int unpost_menu(MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function post_menu displays a menu to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). post_menu resets the selection status of all items. The function unpost_menu erases menu from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_POSTED The menu has already been posted. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NO_ROOM Menu is too large for its window. You should consider to use set_menu_format() to solve the problem. E_NOT_POSTED The menu has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the menu. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), menu(3MENU). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3MENU)