Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern search multiple files Post 302999386 by Kalia on Monday 19th of June 2017 08:48:07 AM
Old 06-19-2017
Output as below.
Code:
Exit successfully==== file not contained pattern 
Exit successfully======file not contained pattern 

filename would had been copied to $HIST/${filename#./} filed contained.

But i need output should be display only the true part not false part if any of the files contained pattern then copy if not then go to else part

ex:it should be display only this filename would had been copied to $HIST/${filename#./} filed contained.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 06-19-2017 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search in multiple lines

Hi, I have to search those statements from the file which starts from "shanky"(only shanky, shanky09 or 09shanky is not allowed) and ends with ");". These two string can be in a same line or different line. And also i have to negate those lines which starts with #. Can any one please give me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanky09
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern search for multiple log files and counting

I have 10 appservers and each appserver has 4 jvms . Each of these logs is archived and stored on a nfs directory . For example the files are /logs/200907/ap1-jvm1.server.log.20090715.gz /logs/200907/ap2-jvm2.server.log.20090714.gz /logs/200908/ap1-jvm1.server.log.20090812.gz I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern search in perl

user 10 values content is: musage.py yes value user 11 values content is: gusage.py yes value how to print "user" string line by searching "content is:" string and "usage.py" string in perl (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need with PERL multiple search pattern matching!

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search pattern

Hello :) I have this file cat employee_list Name : jack Gender: m ID : 4512 DOB : 03/27/1980 hire date : 04/23/2012 Nationality: US marital status : single ===================== Name : mick Gender: m ID : 1256 DOB : 03/27/1970 Hire date : 012/10/2011 Nationality: US Marital... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

sed Multiple Pattern search and delete the line

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have file which has got the following content sam 123 LD 41 sam 234 kp sam LD 41 kam pu sam LD 61 Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muchyog
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with multiple pattern search

Want to fetch a column with multiple pattern using awk. How to achieve the same. Tried cat test address : 10.63.20.92/24 address : 10.64.22.93/24 address : 10.53.40.91/24 cat test | awk '{print $3}' |awk -F "/" '{print $1}' 10.63.20.92 10.64.22.93 10.53.40.91 Is there any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manasa Pradeep
2 Replies

8. Linux

Search multiple pattern from list

I am working on AIX operating system. I want to search list of Article Id for given Set Date (which are present in a seperate file input.txt) art_list.csv ------------ "Article ID" |"Ad Description" |"Pyramid"|"Pyramid Desc "|"ProductTypeId"|"Set Date "|... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivrsk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search multiple pattern in a file

I have a sample file with following output: HTTP/1.1 200 OK User: admin Set-Cookie: AMBARISESSIONID=y3v3648yqcno32nq478kw7ar;Path=/;HttpOnly Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT Content-Type: text/plain Vary: Accept-Encoding, User-Agent Content-Length: 6057 Server:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
4 Replies
GREP(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   GREP(1)

NAME
grep, g - search a file for a pattern SYNOPSIS
grep [ option ... ] pattern [ file ... ] g [ option ... ] pattern [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Grep searches the input files (standard input default) for lines that match the pattern, a regular expression as defined in regexp(7) with the addition of a newline character as an alternative (substitute for |) with lowest precedence. Normally, each line matching the pattern is `selected', and each selected line is copied to the standard output. The options are -c Print only a count of matching lines. -h Do not print file name tags (headers) with output lines. -e The following argument is taken as a pattern. This option makes it easy to specify patterns that might confuse argument parsing, such as -n. -i Ignore alphabetic case distinctions. The implementation folds into lower case all letters in the pattern and input before interpre- tation. Matched lines are printed in their original form. -l (ell) Print the names of files with selected lines; don't print the lines. -L Print the names of files with no selected lines; the converse of -l. -n Mark each printed line with its line number counted in its file. -s Produce no output, but return status. -v Reverse: print lines that do not match the pattern. -f The pattern argument is the name of a file containing regular expressions one per line. -b Don't buffer the output: write each output line as soon as it is discovered. Output lines are tagged by file name when there is more than one input file. (To force this tagging, include /dev/null as a file name argument.) Care should be taken when using the shell metacharacters $*[^|()= and newline in pattern; it is safest to enclose the entire expression in single quotes '...'. An expression starting with '*' will treat the rest of the expression as literal characters. G invokes grep with -n and forces tagging of output lines by file name. If no files are listed, it searches all files matching *.C *.b *.c *.h *.m *.cc *.java *.cgi *.pl *.py *.tex *.ms SOURCE
/src/cmd/grep /bin/g SEE ALSO
ed(1), awk(1), sed(1), sam(1), regexp(7) DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is null if any lines are selected, or non-null when no lines are selected or an error occurs. GREP(1)