Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get value from a close and open parenthesis? Post 302998005 by RudiC on Wednesday 24th of May 2017 06:14:18 AM
Old 05-24-2017
I can't see your above code to be working as presented. Try instead
Code:
awk '
function CVBCK(STR)     {sub (/\]/, ")", STR)
                         sub (/;/, ",", STR)
                         sub (/\[/, "(", STR)
                         return STR
                        }

{gsub (/to_date *\([^)]*\)/, "&\001")
         gsub (/to_date *\([^,]*,/, "&\001")
         gsub (/to_date *\(/, "&\001")
         gsub (/\(\001/, "[")
         gsub (/,\001/, ";")
         gsub (/\)\001/, "]")
         gsub (/null/, "IS NULL")
         sub ("Insert into", "SELECT * FROM", $1)
         print $1
         n = split ($2, C, ",")
         m = split ($4, V, ",")
         T = "WHERE"
         for (i=1; i<=n; i++)   {print T " " C[i] " " (V[i] !~ "IS"?"= ":"") CVBCK(V[i])
                                 T = "AND"
                                }
        }
' FS="[()]" file
SELECT * FROM table_name 
WHERE col1 = 6752
AND col2 = 14932156
AND col3 = 24
AND col4 = 'ALL'
AND col5 = 'Staff'
AND DATE1 = to_date('04/17/2017 00:00:00','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
AND DATE2 = to_date('05/24/2017 23:59:59','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
AND col6 = 'aso 4'
AND col7 = 'device'
AND col8 = 148
AND col9 IS NULL
AND col10 IS NULL
AND col11 IS NULL

You have to go quite some lengths to circumnavigate the difficulties arising from to_date using the same delimiters as does the entire statement - "(" and ")" - and the respective values in the fields - ",".
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File status - open/close ??

Is there any commands in UNIX, like isopen(),isclose() to know whether a file has been opened for read/write purpose.? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pal
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Should a UNIX daemon process close open fds?

I have a UNIX daemon process that's been started by a parent process, an application server. The behavior of this daemon process is to inherit and use the app server's file descriptors (ports/sockets). When I shutdown the app server, the daemon continues to run, because there may be other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalashar
1 Replies

3. Solaris

close open files before remove

Hi I have a script to remove log files when it reaches %70 usage in order to descending order of dates. But sometimes it happens to remove open - being processes files , so makes them unlinked from the directors and results them disappeared. How can I solve this problem , simple scenario I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Number of open files (Dir's) how to close?

I am having a client/server application which will download files from server. If server has directories, it will create directories/sub directories and then download files. In this process, I observed that number of open files are more than 400 (which is approxmately same as number of dir/subdir... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satyam90
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Can DOS close an open file?

I'm trying to setup a cron job for my brother that goes out to the web and retrieves an excel file and overwrites the existing copy on his desktop. The problem I'm facing is I have to kill the process (excel.exe) if the file is open while the batch file runs, otherwise, it will create another copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quattro20v
2 Replies

6. Solaris

file open/read/write/close/access by process

Hi want to know what file (descriptor+filename+socket) is being accessed by particular process on solaris. Purpose : while running perf. test, needs to find where is the bottleneck. We are providing concurrnet load for around 1 hr and needs to capture data related to file usage pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raxitsheth
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup between parenthesis

Hi, I am trying to clean up data between parenthesis () in a file. See example below.... Input File : (New York) Chicago (London) New York (Chicago) London New York Chicago (London) (New York) (Chicago) (London) New York (Chicago) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
3 Replies

8. Programming

when parent process close, how to close the child?

can someone provide an example, where if the parent process quits for any reason, then the child process will also close? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Open/close of ports

Hi, I have read some forum theads about the open and close ports. some points are clear and it is not working on my machine or something am i missing? I have commented out a port /etc/services, one application uses then when i use the telnet <hostname> <port_blocked> it shows connected..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balamv
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Work with setsid to open a session and close it correctly

I would like to create the following script: run a python script with setsid python may or may not fail with exception check if all of the group processes were terminated correctly if not, kill the remaining processes How can I do that? Thanks a lot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASF Studio
3 Replies
nunit-console(1)					      General Commands Manual						  nunit-console(1)

NAME
nunit-console - Test-based front-end to NUnit SYNOPSIS
nunit-console [assemblies] [options] DESCRIPTION
nunit-console is a simple but powerful front-end to NUnit, a testing framework for .NET. It will run all or some tests from the assemblies specified as arguments and display the results. Results can be written in either XML or plain text. OPTIONS
/fixture=STR Run specified fixture /config=STR Project configuration to load /xml=STR Write test result output data to specified file /transform=STR Name of transformation file to run on XML output file. /xmlConsole Print XML to the console. /output=STR File to receive regular test output /err=STR File to reveive test error output /labels Label each test in output. /include=STR Test categories to include (may contain wildcards) /exclude=STR Test categories to exclude (may contain wildcards) /noshadow Disable shadow copy /thread Run tests on a seperate thread. /wait Wait for input before closing window. /nologo Do no show credits at startup. /help Show list of available arguments. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/nunit/html AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer@samba.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 1 June 2005 nunit-console(1)