Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Clone 1 Hard disk fromIBM Intellipoint server with AIX 5.x Post 302997801 by trevian3969 on Friday 19th of May 2017 02:41:50 PM
Old 05-19-2017
Clone 1 Hard disk fromIBM Intellipoint server with AIX 5.x

Hello to all,
Im having a new task in a new world (AIX - IBM Servers)

I have an IBM Server (Type - 9111-285 very old one) with one Hard disk (73 GB 10 K) with AIX 5.x, and I need to clone the existing disk to another with the same specifications.

Could you please give me some advice in order to do that ?
Does exist some software to do that ?
Some hardware device that I could use ?

Any documentation, procedures, steps ?

Thanks in advance ?

Really Apreciated.

Trev

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hard disk information in AIX

Hi, Other than df -k, is there any command that will tell me all physical hard drives installed on the system as well as the size of each one? I'm using AIX 5.1 Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

IInd Hard Disk Mounting Problem on 1st HDD On SCO UNIX Open Server

Hi Engg. ! :mad: I have a harddisk on which SCO UNIX Open Server was installed. There was some data (in .dbf format) on it. Present condition of HDD is that it is not booting. Now I want to mount this HDD through other HDD on which SCO UNIX Open Server is installed by attaching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niraj Gopal Sha
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Add new hard disk to sun sparc server?

A sparc server has a new SCSI hard disk added and labeled by the engineer, but they need to be formatted identically to an existing disk (c4t0d0). You decide to script the process and run from the command line without interaction. I know that the following command line must be achieve this. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsan
3 Replies

4. SCO

Clone hard disk using Ghost

Hi. We tried cloning a SCO Unix hard disk using Norton Ghost. However, the new cloned hard disk encounter booting problem. What possibly go wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mizan
1 Replies

5. SCO

Hard disk clone of OpenServer 5.0.0 didn't work, why?

Continuing saga of working on making a retail store more robust by creating a backup clone of the main server, a 1995 era :eek: PC running SCO OpenServer 5.0.0b and a discontinued Point of Sales (POS) software system. I have a PC of the same make and model. The CPU runs faster and it has a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt10
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to monitor HP server hard disk failure ?

in red hat 4, 5 any one know any commands or any scritps to monitor HP DL 380 G5/6 server and trigger alarm when hard disk failed. thanks for all support ---------- Post updated at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:00 PM ---------- does HP ProLiant Support Pack support is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
4 Replies

7. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

8. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

9. AIX

AIX hard disk failure

Hi all, I have encountered the issue with the hard disk, the disk is failed and need to replace by the new one. As my understanding, this is just to take out the failed disk and insert the new ones, and that's all. But the third party hardware vendor said, there should be another procedure... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
9 Replies
CACHEINFO(5)							AFS File Reference						      CACHEINFO(5)

NAME
cacheinfo - Defines configuration parameters for the Cache Manager DESCRIPTION
The cacheinfo file defines configuration parameters for the Cache Manager, which reads the file as it initializes. The file contains a single line of ASCII text and must reside in the /etc/openafs directory. Use a text editor to create it during initial configuration of the client machine; the required format is as follows: <mount>:<cache>:<size> where <mount> Names the local disk directory at which the Cache Manager mounts the AFS namespace. It must exist before the afsd program runs. The conventional value is /afs. Using any other value prevents traversal of pathnames that begin with /afs (such as pathnames to files in foreign cells that do use the conventional name). The -mountdir argument to the afsd command overrides this value. <cache> Names the local disk directory to use as a cache. It must exist before the afsd program runs. The standard value is /usr/vice/cache, but it is acceptable to substitute a directory on a partition with more available space. Although the Cache Manager ignores this field when configuring a memory cache, a value must always appear in it. The -cachedir argument to the afsd command overrides this value. <size> Specifies the cache size as a number of 1-kilobyte blocks. Larger caches generally yield better performance, but a disk cache must not exceed 90% of the space available on the cache partition (85% for AIX systems), and a memory cache must use no more than 25% of available machine memory. The -blocks argument to the afsd command overrides this value. To reset cache size without rebooting on a machine that uses disk caching, use the fs setcachesize command. To display the current size of a disk or memory cache between reboots, use the fs getcacheparms command. EXAMPLES
The following example cacheinfo file mounts the AFS namespace at /afs, establishes a disk cache in the /usr/vice/cache directory, and defines cache size as 50,000 1-kilobyte blocks. /afs:/usr/vice/cache:50000 SEE ALSO
afsd(8), fs_getcacheparms(1), fs_setcachesize(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 CACHEINFO(5)