Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using "Find" & Storing To Multiple Variables Post 302997457 by alphekka on Sunday 14th of May 2017 01:34:23 AM
Old 05-14-2017
Sorry, I thought that was where I was posting. I'll repost there soon. Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find command" to find the files in the current directories but not in the "subdir"

Dear friends, please tell me how to find the files which are existing in the current directory, but it sholud not search in the sub directories.. it is like this, current directory contains file1, file2, file3, dir1, dir2 and dir1 conatins file4, file5 and dir2 contains file6,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
9 Replies

2. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a single "find" cmd to search for multiple file types and output individual files

Hi All, I am new here but I have a scripting question that I can't seem to figure out with the "find" cmd. What I am trying to do is to only have to run a single find cmd parsing the directories and output the different file types to induvidual files and I have been running into problems.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swaters
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out if multiple files have lines ending with"r"

I am trying to find out which files in a group of files have lines ending in r. What I have is this: cat /tmp/*RECORDS| if grep r$>/dev/null; then echo "yes";else echo"no";fi Records is more than one file. There are the following files TEST-RECORDS /volume/testing /volume/programs ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find lines with "A" then change "E" to "X" same line

I have a bunch of random character lines like ABCEDFG. I want to find all lines with "A" and then change any "E" to "X" in the same line. ALL lines with "A" will have an "X" somewhere in it. I have tried sed awk and vi editor. I get close, not quite there. I know someone has already solved this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightwatchrenba
10 Replies

7. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i find "&variable[0]" using grep -r?

Guys, i've got hundreds of C programs in my ~/devel/ directory and sub-directories. is there a way i can use grep -r followed by some zsh, sh, bash, to find some code that starts with "&foo" or something similar? thanks in advance! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Kline
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files in sub dir with tag & add "." at the beginning [tag -f "Note" . | xargs -0 {} mv {} .{}]

I am trying find files in sub dir with certain tags using tag command, and add the period to the beginning. I can't use chflags hidden {} cause it doesn't add period to the beginning of the string for web purpose. So far with my knowledge, I only know mdfind or tag can be used to search files with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
6 Replies
evmd(1M)																  evmd(1M)

NAME
evmd - Event Manager daemon SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The Event Manager (EVM) daemon, receives events from posting clients and distributes them to subscribing clients that have indicated that they are interested in receiving the events. The daemon is a critical system facility that is started automatically when the system tran- sitions to run level 2, and which should not be terminated. The daemon in turn starts the event logger, and the channel manager, On startup, the daemon reads its configuration file, the authorization file, and the event template files stored under the directory. If these files are modified while the daemon is running, the command must be used or a signal must be sent to instruct the daemon to reconfig- ure itself. The system administrator can control access to events by modifying the EVM authorization file, As a daemon, does not have a standard output. Any error messages are written to the file The EVM daemon is monitored by the Essential Services Monitor daemon, which automatically restarts if it terminates unexpectedly. See esmd(1M) for more information. RETURN VALUES
The following exit values are returned: Successful completion. An error occurred. WARNINGS
The daemon rejects any attempt by a posting client to post an event that has one or more of the following problems: o The event is not registered. o The event contains invalid item values. o The posting client is not authorized to post such an event. FILES
Default directory for event template files Default location for event filter files. Filter files must have the suffix Error log file for UNIX domain socket established for connection between the EVM daemon and the local clients Daemon process id saved by Lock file established to prevent multiple invocations of the daemon Default location of the EVM daemon configuration file Default location of the EVM daemon authorization file SEE ALSO
Commands esmd(1M), evmchmgr(1M), evmlogger(1M), evmreload(1M), evmstart(1M), evmstop(1M). Files evm.auth(4), evmdaemon.conf(4), evmtemplate(4). Event Management EVM(5). Event Connection EvmConnection(5). EVM Events EvmEvent(5). Event Filter EvmFilter(5). evmd(1M)