Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Inserting values to database
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting values to database Post 302997438 by preema on Saturday 13th of May 2017 08:30:11 AM
Old 05-13-2017
Hi,

Yes,database is oracle.I'm using bash.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Values From A File Into A Table

Guys, I want to insert some values from a log file into a temporary table. the values in the log file looks like this SV_NAME CC_NAME CP_DISP_RUN_STATE ------- ------------------- ----------------- sble01 ALLTEL WorkMon24Hrs Running I want to enter the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loading values into a MYSQL database

Where to start? Ok, I need to pick up a Worldpay exchange rates file from a url such as: https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/info?op=rates&instId=12345&op=rates-today the http response returns a exchange rates file with content-type "text/plain" content as below: #Exchange rates for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in inserting values in date format

how to assign values in this date format a=`date +"%H%M%S"` how to give value of H=22,here in this format so that i can grep 22nd hour.Below is the script -------------------------------------------------------------------------- a=`date +"%H%M%S"` for i in *.log do cat $i | grep $a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert values into sqlplus database using shell script

hello all, I am new to shell scripting and to unix... so the following is my assignment.. here i am trying to insert a values into sqlplus database using shell script. the following is my shell script InsertDelete.sh #! /bin/sh echo "*********The MENU******** 1.Insert The Values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeept
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Logfile Inserting into the Database

Here's the problem. I have a shell script running for every one minute as cronjob that outputs to a log file. I want to be able to take the data from the log file and insert it into a mysql database. The script needs to run at a set period of time and remove the log file data once the insert is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgrvamsi
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify a file by inserting a conditional values

Hi, input file CCCC 1204 215764.85 9405410.40 1189 DDDD 4498 1503 4617 1507 4723 1517 4829 1528 4996 1540 DDDD 5199 1556 5278 1567 5529 1603 5674 1614 6076 1915 DDDD 6605 2371 7004 2779 CCCC ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting variable values in filename

Hi All, I have a directory containing multiple files. and also a txt file which contains the list of all filenames and certain values. I want to read the text file line by line and if its 2nd column is matched with the filename in directory, then it must insert the values in 7th column to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in inserting values of variable of shell

hi all, i have one shell script like this #!/bin/bash -xv ENV_NAME=`cat $IB_HOME_DIR/cfg/ibProfile.sh | grep "RDM_CONN" | cut -f 2 -d "@"` CURRENT_DIR=`pwd`; string=$IB_HOME_DIR string1="$string/FRGFOLDER/input" #sed "s/string3/$string1" frg_event_src.sql > modifiedinsert.sql sqlplus... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting values into database from an excel

Hi, I have a requirement where I have an excel sheet with the below values COL1 COL2 COL3 Germany URGENT NORMAL I want to cut the values of this excel in such a way that I get the values and pass it to an insert statement update tbfin set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting script variables into database

I have a script working out ink percentages #!/bin/bash currentcyan=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.1 = INTEGER: 990' currentmagenta=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.2 = INTEGER: 972' currentyellow=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.3 = INTEGER: 972' currentblack=$'iso.3.6.1.2.1.43.11.1.1.9.1.4 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leshy93
1 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux