Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to combine lines if fields match in lines Post 302997426 by RavinderSingh13 on Saturday 13th of May 2017 02:18:13 AM
Old 05-13-2017
Hello cmccabe,

Could you please go through following and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
awk '/SVTYPE=Fusion/{                                                                                                 #### Searching the string SVTYPE=Fusion on each line. If it is found then perform following actions.
                        match($5,/].*]/);                                                                             #### Using match functionality by providing the regex where it will match from ] to till ] in 5th field.
                        sub(/.COS.*/,"",$3);                                                                          #### Substituting the .COS.* means from .COS to everything to NULL in 3rd field.
                        sub(/-/,"",$3);                                                                               #### Substituting -(dash) with NULL in 3rd field.
                        sub(/\./,"-",$3);                                                                             #### Substituting DOT with - in 3rd field.
                        VAL=substr($5,RSTART+1,RLENGTH-2);                                                            #### Putting the values of subtring whose value starts from RSTART+1 to RLENGTH-2, here point to be noted RSTART and RLENGTH are the OOTB awk's keywords which will be SET when a match is found, we have done this match for 5th field above.
                        num=split($8, array,";");                                                                     #### Splitting field 8th whose delimiter is ";" and storing it's length(array's length) to variable named num. 
                        for(i=1;i<=num;i++){                                                                          #### Starting a loop which will start from value 1 of variable i to till value of variable num.
                                                if(array[i] ~  /SVTYPE/){                                             #### Checking here condition if any array's value is equal to /SVTYPE/ then do following.
                                                sub(/.*=/,"",array[i]);                                               #### If above condition is TRUE then substituting the .*= everything till = to NULL in array[i]'s value.
                                                svtype=array[i];                                                      #### Keeping array[i]'s value in variable named svtype.
                                                                        };
                                                if(array[i] ~ /READ_COUNT/){                                          #### Checking another condition where checking if array a's value is equal to /READ_COUNT/ then perform following actions.
                                                sub(/.*=/,"",array[i]);                                               #### substituting everything till = to NULL in array[i]'s value.
                                                read_count=array[i]                                                   #### Storing value of array[i]'s in read_count.
                                                                           }
                                           };
                        match($0,/oncomineGeneClass.*,/);                                                             #### Using match function of awk to perform a match from  /oncomineGeneClass.*/ here.
                        print $1":"$2 "-" VAL OFS svtype OFS substr($0,RSTART+20,RLENGTH-22) OFS $3 OFS read_count;   #### printing the values of $1, $2, VAL(which is having the values of 1st match which we performed above for $5), svtype, subtring of above used match for /oncomineGeneClass.* then read_count values.
                    }
    '   Input_file                                                                                                    #### Mentioning the Input_file.

NOTE: Kindly DO NOT run the above code it is only for explanation purposes.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SImple HELP! how to combine two lines together using sed or awk..

hi..im new to UNIX... ok i have this information in the normal shell... there are 2 lines display like this: h@hotmail.com k@hotmail.com i want it to display like this with a space betweem them h@hotmail.com k@hotmail.com the information is stored in a text file.... anyone... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and combine lines in awk

Hi All, I have 1 "keyword" file like this: 00-1F-FB-00-04-18 00-19-CB-8E-66-DF 00-1F-FB-00-48-9C 00-1F-FB-00-AA-4F .... and the 2nd "details" file like this: Wed Feb 11 00:00:02 2009 NAS-IP-Address = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Class = "P1-SHT-AAA01;1233704662;4886720" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xajax7
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Combine multiple lines based on number of fields

If a file has following kind of data, comma delimited 1,2,3,4 1 1 1,2,3,4 1,2 2 2,3,4 My required output must have only 4 columns with comma delimited 1,2,3,4 111,2,3,4 1,222,3,4 I have tried many awk command using ORS="" but couldnt progress (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdkm
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to count lines of CSV file where 2 fields match variables?

I'm trying to use awk to count the occurrences of two matching fields of a CSV file. For instance, for data that looks like this... Joe,Blue,Yes,No,High Mike,Blue,Yes,Yes,Low Joe,Red,No,No,Low Joe,Red,Yes,Yes,Low I've been trying to use code like this... countvar=`awk ' $2~/$color/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmoore2843
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine matching lines in file

I am trying to combine all matching lines in the tab-delimited using awk. The below runs but no output results. Thank you :). input chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 47433390 47433999 SYN1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove lines that do not start with digit and combine line or lines

I have been searching and trying to come up with an awk that will perform the following on a converted text file (original is a pdf). 1. Since the first two lines are (begin with) text they are removed 2. if $1 is a number then all text is merged (combined) into one line until the next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies