Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep multiple keywords from a file Post 302997406 by RudiC on Friday 12th of May 2017 04:06:38 PM
Old 05-12-2017
Not sure what you're after. If it's the names of the files containig ALL of the keywords, try
Code:
grep -E 'A1|B2|C3' file[1-3] | cut -d: -f1 | uniq -c | grep '^ *3' | cut -d" " -f8
file1

You will need to adapt the keyword count (3) of the last grep, and the field number (8) of the last cut.

Or
Code:
grep -E 'A1|B2|C3' file[1-3] | awk -F: '{CNT[$1]++} END {for (c in CNT) if (CNT[c] == 3) print c}'
file1

Or
Code:
SRCH='A1|B2|C3'; grep -E $SRCH file[1-3] | awk -F: -vSRCH=$SRCH '{CNT[$1]++} END {for (c in CNT) if (CNT[c] == split (SRCH,T,"|")) print c}'

Last edited by RudiC; 05-12-2017 at 05:18 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a file with keywords

Hi All I have a file of format asdf asf first sec endi asdk rt 123 ferf dfg ijglkp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailabdulbari
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command to find multiple strings in multiple lines in a file.

I want to search files (basically .cc files) in /xx folder and subfolders. Those files (*.cc files) must contain #include "header.h" AND x() function. I am writing it another way to make it clear, I wanna list of *.cc files that have 'header.h' & 'x()'. They must have two strings, header.h... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritikaSharma
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching keywords in file

hey guys, Hey all, I'm doing a project currently and want to index words in a webpage. So there would be a file with webpage content and a file with list of words, I want an output file with true and false that would show which word exists in the webpage. example: Webpage content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding keywords in many files using grep

Hi to all Sorry for the confusion because I did not explain the task clearly. There are many .hhr files in a folder There are so many lines in these .hhr files but I want only the following 2 lines to be transferred to the output file. The keyword No 1 and all the words in the next line They... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghulrajan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Keywords one by one

Hi I am trying to determine number of lines having a specific keyword. So for that I am using below query: grep -i 'keyword1' filename|wc -l This give me number of lines. Perfect for me. However now the requirement is I have multiple keywords together... and I have to find number of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and replace multiple strings in a file with multiple filenames in a file

Hi, I have a file containing list of strings like i: Pink Yellow Green and I have file having list of file names in a directory j : a b c d Where j contains of a ,b,c,d are as follows a: Pink (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madabhg
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from multiple patterns multiple file multiple output

Hi, I want to grep multiple patterns from multiple files and save to multiple outputs. As of now its outputting all to the same file when I use this command. Input : 108 files to check for 390 patterns to check for. output I need to 108 files with the searched patterns. Xargs -I {} grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep keywords?

I have below text file only with one line: vi test.txt This is the first test from a1.loa1 a1v1, b2.lob2, "c3.loc3" c3b1, loc4 but not from mot3 and second test from a5.loa5 Below should be the output that i want: a1.loa1 b2.lob2 c3.loc3 loc4 a5.loa5 alv1 and c3b1 should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khchong
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find keywords in multiple log files

The Problem that I am having is when the code ran and populated the progflag.csv file, columns MEMSIZE, SECOND and SASEXE were blank. The next problems are the IF else statement isn't working and the email function isn't sending the progflag.csv attachment. a. What I want the program to do is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find keywords in multiple log files

I have several problems with my program: I hope you can help me. 1) the If else statement isn't working . The IF Else syntax is: If MEMSIZE OR sasfoundation (SASEXE) OR Real Time(second) >1.0 and Filename, output column name and value to csv or else nothing Example progflag,cvs:... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
13 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)