Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Oracle/SQLPlus help - ksh Script calling .sql file not 'pausing' at ACCEPT, can't figure out why Post 302997377 by RudiC on Friday 12th of May 2017 05:45:46 AM
Old 05-12-2017
Without digging deeper, it looks like x_main.ksh's stdin is redirected from x_schema.txt so there's no channel to the user's terminal.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files

Hi all, Iam facing a lot of problem while calling Oracle 10g SQLPLUS files from shell. What is the standard procedures to be taken care. Any help would be useful for me. Thanks in advance, Ganapati. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with Calling sql file from shell script

I have created abc.sh file which will set the environment variables (UNIX env variables as well as ORACLE required variables like ORACLE_SID,ORACLE_HOME etc) and then calls a function file which checks for starts some logs and then it will try to execute the .sql file. The .sh, function file are as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sskc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling sql file from shell script

Hello everybody I need help calling sql file from shell script. Can anyone help me creating a small shell script which calls an sql file . The .sql file should contain some select statements like select emp_no from emp_table; select emp_id from emp_table; And the results should be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummy_needhelp
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a PL/SQL stored procedure from KSH

Hi I have a stored procedure which should be called from KSH. Could ayone please help me with this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlAhEr
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling sql file from shell script

Hi I have a shell script that call a sql file. The sql file will create a spool file. My requirement is, when ever i get an OS error like file not found. I have to log it in a log file. Could some who worked in a like scenario help me by giving the code sample. Many Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chintapalli001
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a sql file in my shell script

Hi, I want to call a sql file in my shell script. see the below code:- if ] then ( isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -w100 -b -h0 <<ENDSQL | sed -e "s/Password://" ${S_PWD} set nocount on go use ${S_DB} go // need to call a file name... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL script from ksh job and send mail on some error.

Hi, I am trying to call sql script from ksh job with parameters.The parameters passed from ksh job will be used in SELECT query in sql file to SPOOL the data in extract file.My questions are: 1) How to call a sql script from ksh job with parameters? 2) How to use the parameter in sql file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil029
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to accept arguments in shell script when calling in perl

I have a shell script like this: #!/bin/sh $PYTHON MetarDecoder.py < ../data/mtrs/arg1/arg2 And I'm calling it with this in perl: my $output = `./metar_parse.sh --options`; It's successful when I put in actual values for arg1 and arg2 in the shell script, but I'd like to pass arguments... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civilsurfer
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Oracle stored procedure from ksh script

Friends, I'm newbie with ksh so wanting some help.... 1. I'm trying to call oracle stored procedure from ksh script by taking variable value from runtime, feed into script and execute procedure. 2. Put name1 and name2 value from script run replacing $3 & $4 I'm trying to put name1 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
4 Replies
Tcl_GetStdChannel(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					      Tcl_GetStdChannel(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_GetStdChannel, Tcl_SetStdChannel - procedures for retrieving and replacing the standard channels SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_Channel Tcl_GetStdChannel(type) Tcl_SetStdChannel(channel, type) ARGUMENTS
int type (in) The identifier for the standard channel to retrieve or modify. Must be one of TCL_STDIN, TCL_STDOUT, or TCL_STDERR. Tcl_Channel channel (in) The channel to use as the new value for the specified standard channel. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl defines three special channels that are used by various I/O related commands if no other channels are specified. The standard input channel has a channel name of stdin and is used by read and gets. The standard output channel is named stdout and is used by puts. The standard error channel is named stderr and is used for reporting errors. In addition, the standard channels are inherited by any child processes created using exec or open in the absence of any other redirections. The standard channels are actually aliases for other normal channels. The current channel associated with a standard channel can be retrieved by calling Tcl_GetStdChannel with one of TCL_STDIN, TCL_STDOUT, or TCL_STDERR as the type. The return value will be a valid channel, or NULL. A new channel can be set for the standard channel specified by type by calling Tcl_SetStdChannel with a new channel or NULL in the channel argument. If the specified channel is closed by a later call to Tcl_Close, then the corresponding standard channel will automatically be set to NULL. If Tcl_GetStdChannel is called before Tcl_SetStdChannel, Tcl will construct a new channel to wrap the appropriate platform-specific stan- dard file handle. If Tcl_SetStdChannel is called before Tcl_GetStdChannel, then the default channel will not be created. If one of the standard channels is set to NULL, either by calling Tcl_SetStdChannel with a NULL channel argument, or by calling Tcl_Close on the channel, then the next call to Tcl_CreateChannel will automatically set the standard channel with the newly created channel. If more than one standard channel is NULL, then the standard channels will be assigned starting with standard input, followed by standard out- put, with standard error being last. See Tcl_StandardChannels for a general treatise about standard channels and the behaviour of the Tcl library with regard to them. SEE ALSO
Tcl_Close(3), Tcl_CreateChannel(3), Tcl_Main(3), tclsh(1) KEYWORDS
standard channel, standard input, standard output, standard error Tcl 7.5 Tcl_GetStdChannel(3)