Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert ip ranges to CIDR netblocks Post 302996566 by rgopichand on Thursday 27th of April 2017 12:24:14 PM
Old 04-27-2017
Tools ip2cidr

Hi, I'm trying to convert bulk IP's into nearest CIDR. I came across your script and was trying to run the awk script in cygwin. Can you send me the syntax on how to run the script along with the library file. Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Valid ranges for uids for HP-UX

Hi , I am using adduser in hp-ux to create users in Hp-ux. i would like to know what are the valid values for uids and gids in hp-ux what are the rannges for the valid uids . How to check what are the used uids in Hp-ux . Thanks Narendra babu C (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get IP list from CIDR

Dear Srs :-) I'm looking for a shell script, that given a network in CIDR format it lists all IPs, for example: Preferredly a shell script, but a Perl, Python, C, etc.. is also welcome :-) I have been looking in sipcalc, ipcalc, etc.. options but this feature is not implemented :-( ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

date ranges

Hi, Please anyone help to achive this using perl or unix scripting . This is date in my table 20090224,based on the date need to check the files,If file exist for that date then increment by 1 for that date and check till max date 'i.e.20090301 and push those files . files1_20090224... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akil
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to parse IP range in CIDR format in C

Hello everybody, I'm coding a network program and i need it to "understand" ip ranges, but i don't know how to make to parse an IP CIDR range, let's say "172.16.10.0/24" to work with the specified IP range. I've found a program which does it, but i don't understand the code. Here is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help filling in ranges

I have a list of about 200,000 lines in a text file that look like this: 1 1 120 1 80 200 1 150 270 5 50 170 5 100 220 5 300 420 The first column is an identifier, the next 2 columns are a range (always 120 value range) I'm trying fill in the values of those ranges, and remove... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: knott76
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Values between ranges

Hi, I have two files file1 chr1_22450_22500 chr2_12300_12350 chr1_34500_34550 file2 11000_13000 15000_19000 33000_44000 If the file 1 ranges fall between file2 ranges then assign the value of file2 in column 2 to file1 output: chr2_12300_12350 11000_13000 chr1_34500_34550 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert multiple number ranges into sequence?

Looking for a simple way to convert ranges to a numerical sequence that would assign the original value of the range to the individual numbers that are on the range. Thank you given data 13196-13199 0 13200 4 13201 10 13202-13207 3 13208-13210 7 desired... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcue25
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change ip addressing format from CIDR notation to netmask and vice versa?

Hi all, I would appreciate if someone could share how to convert CIDR notation to netmask and vice versa. The value below is just an example. it could be different numbers/ip addresses. Initial Output, let say file1.txt Final Output, let say file2.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert ip ranges to CIDR netblock

2 scripts to convert IP ranges to CIDR notation using awk, gawk or mawk. The scripts are much faster than using ipcalc and will return the same results. The first script is reliably compatible with awk, gawk and mawk but is over 3 times as slow as the second script which is reliably compatible with... (38 Replies)
Discussion started by: azdps
38 Replies
Lite(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Lite(3pm)

NAME
Net::CIDR::Lite - Perl extension for merging IPv4 or IPv6 CIDR addresses SYNOPSIS
use Net::CIDR::Lite; my $cidr = Net::CIDR::Lite->new; $cidr->add($cidr_address); @cidr_list = $cidr->list; @ip_ranges = $cidr->list_range; DESCRIPTION
Faster alternative to Net::CIDR when merging a large number of CIDR address ranges. Works for IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. METHODS
new() $cidr = Net::CIDR::Lite->new $cidr = Net::CIDR::Lite->new(@args) Creates an object to represent a list of CIDR address ranges. No particular format is set yet; once an add method is called with a IPv4 or IPv6 format, only that format may be added for this cidr object. Any arguments supplied are passed to add_any() (see below). add() $cidr->add($cidr_address) Adds a CIDR address range to the list. add_range() $cidr->add_range($ip_range) Adds a hyphenated IP address range to the list. add_cidr() $cidr1->add_cidr($cidr2) Adds address ranges from one object to another object. add_ip() $cidr->add_ip($ip_address) Adds a single IP address to the list. add_any() $cidr->add_any($cidr_or_range_or_address); Determines format of range or single ip address and calls add(), add_range(), add_cidr(), or add_ip() as appropriate. $cidr->clean() $cidr->clean; If you are going to call the list method more than once on the same data, then for optimal performance, you can call this to purge null nodes in overlapping ranges from the list. Boundary nodes in contiguous ranges are automatically purged during add(). Only useful when ranges overlap or when contiguous ranges are added out of order. $cidr->list() @cidr_list = $cidr->list; $list_ref = $cidr->list; Returns a list of the merged CIDR addresses. Returns an array if called in list context, an array reference if not. $cidr->list_range() @cidr_list = $cidr->list_range; $list_ref = $cidr->list_range; Returns a list of the merged addresses, but in hyphenated range format. Returns an array if called in list context, an array reference if not. $cidr->list_short_range() @cidr_list = $cidr->list_short_range; $list_ref = $cidr->list_short_range; Returns a list of the C subnet merged addresses, in short hyphenated range format. Returns an array if called in list context, an array reference if not. Example: 1.1.1.1-2 1.1.1.5-7 1.1.1.254-255 1.1.2.0-2 1.1.3.5 1.1.3.7 $cidr->find() $found = $cidr->find($ip); Returns true if the ip address is found in the CIDR range. False if not. Not extremely efficient, is O(n*log(n)) to sort the ranges in the cidr object O(n) to search through the ranges in the cidr object. The sort is cached on the first call and used in subsequent calls, but if more addresses are added to the cidr object, prep_find() must be called on the cidr object. $cidr->bin_find() Same as find(), but forces a binary search. See also prep_find. $cidr->prep_find() $cidr->prep_find($num); Caches the result of sorting the ip addresses. Implicitly called on the first find call, but must be explicitly called if more addresses are added to the cidr object. find() will do a binary search if the number of ranges is greater than or equal to $num (default 20); $cidr->spanner() $spanner = $cidr1->spanner($label1, $cidr2, $label2, ...); Creates a spanner object to find out if multiple ip addresses are within multiple labeled address ranges. May also be called as (with or without any arguments): Net::CIDR::Lite::Span->new($cidr1, $label1, $cidr2, $label2, ...); $spanner->add() $spanner->add($cidr1, $label1, $cidr2, $label2,...); Adds labeled address ranges to the spanner object. The 'address range' may be a Net::CIDR::Lite object, a single CIDR address range, a single hyphenated IP address range, or a single IP address. $spanner->find() $href = $spanner->find(@ip_addresses); Look up which range(s) ip addresses are in, and return a lookup table of the results, with the keys being the ip addresses, and the value a hash reference of which address ranges the ip address is in. $spanner->bin_find() Same as find(), but forces a binary search. See also prep_find. $spanner->prep_find() $spanner->prep_find($num); Called implicitly the first time $spanner->find(..) is called, must be called again if more cidr objects are added to the spanner object. Will do a binary search if ratio of the number of ip addresses to the number of ranges is less than $num percent (default 4). $spanner->clean() $clean_address = $spanner->clean($ip_address); Validates and returns a cleaned up version of an ip address (which is what you will find as the key in the result from the $spanner->find(..), not necessarily what the original argument looked like). E.g. removes unnecessary leading zeros, removes null blocks from IPv6 addresses, etc. CAVEATS
Garbage in/garbage out. This module does do validation, but maybe not enough to suit your needs. AUTHOR
Douglas Wilson, <dougw@cpan.org> w/numerous hints and ideas borrowed from Tye McQueen. COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Net::CIDR. perl v5.10.1 2010-03-26 Lite(3pm)