Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Emacs Question; Control-G Not Working Post 302994712 by drl on Monday 27th of March 2017 09:46:14 AM
Old 03-27-2017
Hi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolley
That is what I got.

I am not sure where you are going with this.
I wanted to start at the keyboard to see if ^G (7) was really being generated and transmitted by the terminal driver / stty not mapping ^G to something other than a value of 7.

If ^G is getting to programs like bash (you said you heard a bell), and mince (which I have never heard of), then it seems like a flaw in the version of emacs that you are using.

I searched briefly on the web and found nothing that seemed to be on target.

If no one seems able to help you here, you may need to ask at a site that is more emacs-centric.

Good luck ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about working with data to create new column

Hello, I am having a problem with the script I am using to create a column from two columns I have in my file. I am needing to take column 5 and subtract it from column 2 to create column 6. I have included the script I am using and the rawdata I am using. Raw Data File:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottzx7rr
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP access & control question

Folks; I need some help with these: 1. understanding how to control access rights and manage visibility using FTP in Solaris, in other words, I need to use FTP in Solaris to be able to give some users access to add/modify data to/from the UNIX server. 2. How can i control the space allowed for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Control structures and scripting question..

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a project for comp sci course, and I'm very green to Unix and scripting, and only have a semesters worth of programming knowledge (bare with me! sorry!). What I'm trying to do is make a 'if ... then ... fi' control structure that takes user input and then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SlapnutsGT
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Simple question: alias not working for root

OS = Solaris 8 Issue: alias not working for root, but working for regular users # grep root /etc/passwd root:x:0:1:Super-User:/:/sbin/sh # alias dir=ls # dir dir: not found # alias dir="ls -l" # dir dir: not found # alias dir='ls -l' # dir dir: not found # alias... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
2 Replies

5. Linux

SSH remote control question

I am pretty new to linux so forgive me for asking a basic question :P I am using SSH to control 40 machines. What i am trying to do is remotely bash a shell script on each machine. I am using a for loop to bash every script, code as follows. code in host machine runallworkers.sh: ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgsolid
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

emacs kill-ring-save question

Hello, We've just upgraded to a newer version of emacs (21.3.1) and I've noticed something pretty annoying... Whenever you do a kill-ring-save, the cursor pops to where the mark was set, pauses a second, then pops back again. This obviously doesn't sound like very much, but it really slows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tluamiani
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash question: working with an array of previously set variable strings

while i've used arrays to work with variables, i've never used them to loop through a set of strings and wanted to ask the community for some feedback or assistance. let me be specific. here's my code: # URL port Variables port2195=`nc -z $url2195 2195` port2196=`nc -z $url2196 2196`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hungryd
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk command not working for Question mark (?)

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with nawk command. The data is as below: ABC0022,BASC,Scene Package,INR,02May17,XXX4266,be?. Hotel,3,AW01,Twin Room,61272,41308,39590,39590,X,X ABC0022,BASC,Scene Package,INR,02May17,XXX4266,be?. Hotel,3,AW02,Twin Room with Balcony,9272,85638,4520,9590,X,X... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirans.229
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question for expert only in Access control list

If I'm the admin for the financial system and I want to configure authorization pf file system permission.Also, The first rule is that Managers and clerks can read and write billings for all cases. The second rules is that Paralegals and administrative assits can read and write billings only on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecnio
2 Replies
ZILE(1) 							   User Commands							   ZILE(1)

NAME
Zile - Zile Is Lossy Emacs SYNOPSIS
zile [OPTION-OR-FILENAME]... DESCRIPTION
Zile is a lightweight Emacs clone that provides a subset of Emacs's functionality suitable for basic editing. Run Zile, the lightweight Emacs clone. Initialization options: --no-init-file, -q do not load ~/.zile --funcall, -f FUNC call Zile Lisp function FUNC with no arguments --load, -l FILE load Zile Lisp FILE using the load function --help display this help message and exit --version display version information and exit Action options: FILE visit FILE using find-file +LINE FILE visit FILE using find-file, then go to line LINE Exit status is 0 if OK, 1 if it cannot start up, for example because of an invalid command-line argument, and 2 if it crashes or runs out of memory. FILES
~/.zile -- user's Zile init file /usr/share/zile/dotzile-extra.el -- which contains some useful code for the init file. AUTHOR
Zile was written by Sandro Sigala, David A. Capello and Reuben Thomas. The Lisp interpreter is based on code by Scott Lawrence. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to bug-zile@gnu.org. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GNU Zile comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may redistribute copies of Zile under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING. SEE ALSO
emacs(1) Zile 2.3.20 November 2010 ZILE(1)