Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Restrict user for certain number of connection Post 302994540 by ghpradeep on Friday 24th of March 2017 10:01:39 AM
Old 03-24-2017
actually, there are accessing nagios monitoring URL from there desktop and they are opening so many tab on browser. due to this it increase load on website.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restrict the number of commands user can execute

Hi all, Is there a way to prevent users from being able to execute commands less a select few? For instance, I wish to allow the user to be only able to execute 1 command, which is exec a.sh. He should not be able to do simple stuff such as ls, cd, rm, cat, etc. Can this be achieved? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

2. Solaris

restrict a user to certain command

Hi all, I am using Sun OS 5.10. I am new to Unix. Is there some way to restrict a specific user to certain command say "/usr/bin/more" ?? for example: I want that user1 can execute more command & user2 can't. Can we somehow edit .profile file in the home directory of user to achieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

3. AIX

New user and restrict path

Hello I have a question in Aix 5.3 can I create a user, that only can see a specify path. I mean the user log in the default path its /home/newuser he type cd the path that need to check /example/directory_check but if he wants to go to / or any other path. we can not do this. I only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict command for an user ?

Hi everyone ! I got "viewer" and "root" user on a *nix computer. When i log in using "viewer" I only can use "df" command. When I try another command like "ls" it say : -bash: ls: command not found I checked permission of "/bin/ls" file, it has excute permission for everyone. Inside home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: camus
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restrict user to a particular directory

Hi I have a Fedora10 server and i need a particular user to view files only in a particular folder. All other files in other folders having "read" permission for all shouldn't be accessible to this user. Please let me know if ther's a way. Thanks, HG (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
5 Replies

6. High Performance Computing

PBS - restrict total number of processors per user

Hello everyone! I am a bit inexperienced with administering queueing programs. I installed Torque (a PBS derivative) on a Linux cluster and it is running well. There is one annoying problem though: users can run massively parallel jobs and serial jobs too. Almost all users do a mix of the two. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnuplot
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Restrict user access

Hi there I have an application user on my system that wants accesses to these file systems as such: rwx: /SAPO /SAPS12 /R3_888 /R3_888B /R3_888F /R3_888R r: /usr/sap these are the existing FS permissions:ownerships: # ls -ld /SAPO (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

8. AIX

How to restrict user to a particular directory?

hi, I want to restrict some user access to only 1 directory (including all sub-directories/files in it). can you please explain me, how can we do this? example; Filesystem GB blocks Used Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 2.61 1.02 1.59 40% / /dev/hd2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restrict remote DB connection from PERL

I have PERL code to connect to Oracle database using DBI. e.g. $PERL -e "use DBI; DBI->connect(qw(DBI:Oracle:db111 testu testpass));" by using DBI , if remote DB added to tnsnames.ora , I can connect using DBI . is there a way to restrict not to connect to remote DB using DBI ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talashil
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Restrict ssh for particular user

Dear Concern, We want to restrict ssh for particular user "oracle". Our HP UX version is as below. Please advise. # uname -a HP-UX tabsdb02 B.11.31 U ia64 2963363594 unlimited-user license (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies
nagios3stats(8) 						      nagios							   nagios3stats(8)

NAME
nagios3stats - report statistics information from the nagios system SYNOPSIS
nagios3stats [-hVL] [-c config] [-m] [-d] DESCRIPTION
nagios3stats Is a program designed to provide information on the running nagios system. It can provide a brief summary of information, or it can be used to export specific information about the nagios system into an MRTG-compatible format. For more information please consult the nagios online documentation available at http://www.nagios.org or the documentation available with your nagios server's web page. OPTIONS
-c|--config=FILE The main configuration file. On debian systems this defaults to /etc/nagios3/nagios.cfg -m|--mrtg Print output in MRTG-compatible format. For more details run nagios3stats with --help -d|--data=VARS Comma-seperated list of variables to output in MRTG format. For more details run nagios3stats with --help. -h|--help A helpful usage message -V|--version Print version information -L|--license Print license details FILES
/etc/nagios3 Default configuration directory for nagios3 AUTHOR
nagios3 is written and maintained by Ethan Galstad <nagios@nagios.org>. This manual page was written by sean finney <seanius@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (but it may be freely used, modified, and redistributed by others). sean finney February 2006 nagios3stats(8)