Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What should i do after Linux plus /LPI 1? Post 302993809 by lobsang on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 03:04:29 PM
Old 03-14-2017
Linux What should i do after Linux plus /LPI 1?

Actually i am from software background and wish to pursue my carrier in linux.
I will clear my linux plus and LPI 1 exam in a week time. wish to ask which certification i should prepare for . my aim is to get a job as a linux administrator.

should i prepare for LPI 2 certification or REDHAD certification and then try my luck. or else any other better certification that you guys can suggest me. Just need views for a better job scop in linux platform SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

May be any other technology related to system or server side .

Last edited by lobsang; 03-14-2017 at 04:09 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to lobsang For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

LPI Level 1 Exam 101 (RPM)

Just thought that I'd announce that today, I passed the aforementioned exam, with flying colours :cool: In a months time I've got the 102 exam........ It wasn't that difficult really, and I got 100% on two of the subject areas (GNU and UNIX commands - 20 questions and the X Window System - 8... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
5 Replies

2. Linux

LPI exams

Hello, Can any one can guide me on LPI examinations about what is the marking scheme & with study guide links.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binny
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LPI Certificacion - Linux

Hello guys I stay all day and i looking the best option to make a exams en Linux .. but i find just one option and very expensive (180 Euro x 5 months + 200 matriculation) and in the lpi homepage is just 260 $ FAQ on Exams / FAQ / Certification / Home - LPI - :confused: I live in Spain... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ___
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

LPI Course - Koenig Solutions ?

I want to do a certification on Linux, LPI to be precise. I dont have any idea as to where should one begin. Can any one help me as to where to get the knowledge and certification from ? I would prefer classroom style of teaching and hence want to know of any reputed institue. I do not mind India... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IGS77
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LPI practice work

Hello everyone! Im Andrew and i'm studying for LPI 1, 2 Does anybody knows where can i find good and actual stuff for practice? if it is posible for free :-\ maybe testking or stuff like that. I want to take the first examn but im not sure if i have to study so much more. It is true... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andriusman
4 Replies
LINUX(4)                                                   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                   LINUX(4)

NAME
linux -- Linux ABI support SYNOPSIS
To compile support for this ABI into an i386 kernel place the following line in your kernel configuration file: options COMPAT_LINUX for an amd64 kernel use: options COMPAT_LINUX32 Alternatively, to load the ABI as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): linux_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The linux module provides limited Linux ABI (application binary interface) compatibility for userland applications. The module provides the following significant facilities: o An image activator for correctly branded elf(5) executable images o Special signal handling for activated images o Linux to native system call translation It is important to note that the Linux ABI support it not provided through an emulator. Rather, a true (albeit limited) ABI implementation is provided. The following sysctl(8) tunable variables are available: compat.linux.osname Linux kernel operating system name. compat.linux.osrelease Linux kernel operating system release. Changing this to something else is discouraged on non-development systems, because it may change the way Linux programs work. Recent versions of GNU libc are known to use different syscalls depending on the value of this sysctl. compat.linux.oss_version Linux Open Sound System version. The linux module can be linked into the kernel statically with the COMPAT_LINUX kernel configuration option or loaded as required. The fol- lowing command will load the module if it is neither linked into the kernel nor already loaded as a module: if ! kldstat -v | grep -E 'linux(aout|elf)' > /dev/null; then kldload linux > /dev/null 2>&1 fi Note that dynamically linked Linux executables will require a suitable environment in /compat/linux. Specifically, the Linux run-time linker's hints files should be correctly initialized. For this reason, it is common to execute the following commands to prepare the system to correctly run Linux executables: if [ -x /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig ]; then /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -r /compat/linux fi For information on loading the linux kernel loadable module automatically on system startup, see rc.conf(5). This information applies regardless of whether the linux module is statically linked into the kernel or loaded as a module. FILES
/compat/linux minimal Linux run-time environment /compat/linux/proc limited Linux process file system /compat/linux/sys limited Linux system file system SEE ALSO
brandelf(1), elf(5), linprocfs(5), linsysfs(5) HISTORY
Linux ABI support first appeared in FreeBSD 2.1. BSD February 8, 2010 BSD