Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us Post 302993767 by Neo on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 08:02:48 AM
Old 03-14-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecracker
Terrific.

Do you mind me posting the URL onto another ML site?

Also why not post it to your FB page?

Hey!

You can share or post the link as you like.

I was happy to get a heart felt message from my ex in Tokyo today, who read the essay and send me this private message today

Quote:
"WOW... no wonder it's hard for a brilliant guy like you to find good friendship of equals in Thailand: heaven for brain-dead ***** guys."
It's sad but true, I live in a beach side condo with fiber optics directly to my computer; but even after years here, it's hard to find good friends .... people seem to like you only if you show the "muppet" version of yourself, say sweet and fluffy nonsense things like Beavis and Butthead, or talk crazy conspiracy theory.... and live in an mind-numbing under-the-influence-of-alcohol state, which I don't....

I'm generally always busy on projects, either helping others or writing code, and for this past 8 months have been deeply involved in cybersecurity issues, writing thousands of lines of code in both C# and PHP.....

.. and as always, thank you, everyone, who helps make unix.com a solid, highly respected place for unix and linux pros ....

Cheers.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

End of Life / Life Cycle Information

Hello everyone, I was searching for locations where I can get End of Life information on multiple versions of Unix. I have found some information which I list below, what I have not found or confirmed is where I can get the information for: DEC Unix/OSF1 V4.0D NCR Unix SVR4 MP-RAS Rel 3.02.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

3. Debian

tcpdump filter (mis)behaviour

Hello, I am a bit puzzled. I am trying to capture data using tcpdump on a bonded interface, which works fine until I add a filter, then nothing is seen nor captured by libpcap/tcpump. I have interfaces eth3 and eth4 bonded to bond0 because I am using a tap in a firewall connection to monitor all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hollinch
4 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Comments on "How Will the World End?"

I have read the sun-expansion scenario numerous places but I've never read any suggestion that the earth's orbit would increase to avoid being scorched. What mechanism would push it out? As for creating a black hole by the LHC, the whole concept is silly so any number of reasons would rule it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
9 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How Will the World End?

How will the world end (someday long into the future, we hope)? (68 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
68 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
XML::Parser::LiteCopy(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				XML::Parser::LiteCopy(3pm)

NAME
XML::Parser::LiteCopy - Lightweight regexp-based XML parser SYNOPSIS
use XML::Parser::LiteCopy; $p1 = new XML::Parser::LiteCopy; $p1->setHandlers( Start => sub { shift; print "start: @_ " }, Char => sub { shift; print "char: @_ " }, End => sub { shift; print "end: @_ " }, ); $p1->parse('<foo id="me">Hello World!</foo>'); $p2 = new XML::Parser::LiteCopy Handlers => { Start => sub { shift; print "start: @_ " }, Char => sub { shift; print "char: @_ " }, End => sub { shift; print "end: @_ " }, } ; $p2->parse('<foo id="me">Hello <bar>cruel</bar> World!</foo>'); DESCRIPTION
This Perl implements an XML parser with a interface similar to XML::Parser. Though not all callbacks are supported, you should be able to use it in the same way you use XML::Parser. Due to using experimantal regexp features it'll work only on Perl 5.6 and above and may behave differently on different platforms. Note that you cannot use regular expressions or split in callbacks. This is due to a limitation of perl's regular expression implementation (which is not re-entrant). SUBROUTINES
/METHODS new Constructor. As (almost) all SOAP::Lite constructors, new() returns the object called on when called as object method. This means that the following effectifely is a no-op if $obj is a object: $obj = $obj->new(); New accepts a single named parameter, "Handlers" with a hash ref as value: my $parser = XML::Parser::Lite->new( Handlers => { Start => sub { shift; print "start: @_ " }, Char => sub { shift; print "char: @_ " }, End => sub { shift; print "end: @_ " }, } ); The handlers given will be passed to setHandlers. setHandlers Sets (or resets) the parsing handlers. Accepts a hash with the handler names and handler code references as parameters. Passing "undef" instead of a code reference replaces the handler by a no-op. The following handlers can be set: Init Start Char End Final CData Doctype Comment PI All other handlers are ignored. Calling setHandlers without parameters resets all handlers to no-ops. parse Parses the XML given. In contrast to XML::Parser's parse method, parse() only parses strings. Handler methods Init Called before parsing starts. You should perform any necessary initializations in Init. Start Called at the start of each XML node. See XML::Parser for details. Char Called for each character sequence. May be called multiple times for the characters contained in an XML node (even for every single character). Your implementation has to make sure that it captures all characters. End Called at the end of each XML node. See XML::Parser for details Comment See XML::Parser for details PI See XMLDecl in XML::Parser for details, but also includes other processing instructions Doctype See XML::Parser for details Final Called at the end of the parsing process. You should perform any necessary cleanup here. SEE ALSO
XML::Parser COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2007 Paul Kulchenko. All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 2008 Martin Kutter. All rights reserved. Copyright (C) 2009 Cal Henderson. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This parser is based on "shallow parser" http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~cameron/REX.html Copyright (c) 1998, Robert D. Cameron. AUTHOR
Paul Kulchenko (paulclinger@yahoo.com) Martin Kutter (martin.kutter@fen-net.de) Additional handlers supplied by Adam Leggett. Further modifications by Cal Henderson. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-05 XML::Parser::LiteCopy(3pm)