Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us Post 302993751 by Neo on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 05:38:03 AM
Old 03-14-2017
The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us

I hope you will enjoy reading this essay I wrote:

The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us

If you are a true "IT person" i.e. a software developer, code or deep system admin, I think you will resonate with the theme of my essay.

I could have called the essay "The Revenge of the Nerds" Smilie
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

End of Life / Life Cycle Information

Hello everyone, I was searching for locations where I can get End of Life information on multiple versions of Unix. I have found some information which I list below, what I have not found or confirmed is where I can get the information for: DEC Unix/OSF1 V4.0D NCR Unix SVR4 MP-RAS Rel 3.02.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

3. Debian

tcpdump filter (mis)behaviour

Hello, I am a bit puzzled. I am trying to capture data using tcpdump on a bonded interface, which works fine until I add a filter, then nothing is seen nor captured by libpcap/tcpump. I have interfaces eth3 and eth4 bonded to bond0 because I am using a tap in a firewall connection to monitor all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hollinch
4 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Comments on "How Will the World End?"

I have read the sun-expansion scenario numerous places but I've never read any suggestion that the earth's orbit would increase to avoid being scorched. What mechanism would push it out? As for creating a black hole by the LHC, the whole concept is silly so any number of reasons would rule it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
9 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How Will the World End?

How will the world end (someday long into the future, we hope)? (68 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
68 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
ValidateFile(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 ValidateFile(3pm)

NAME
XMLTV::ValidateFile - Validates an XMLTV file DESCRIPTION
Utility library that validates that a file is correct according to http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/XMLTVFormat. EXPORTED FUNCTIONS
All these functions are exported on demand. LoadDtd Load the xmltv dtd. Takes a single parameter which is the name of the xmltv dtd file. LoadDtd must be called before ValidateFile can be called. ValidateFile Validate that a file is valid according to the XMLTV dtd and try to check that it contains valid information. ValidateFile takes a filename as parameter and optionally also a day and an offset and prints error messages to STDERR. ValidateFile returns a list of errors that it found with the file. Each error takes the form of a keyword: ValidateFile checks the following: notwell The file is not well-formed XML. notdtd The file does not follow the XMLTV DTD. unknownid No channel-entry found for a channelid that is used in a programme-entry. duplicatechannel More than one channel-entry found for a channelid. noprogrammes No programme entries were found in the file. channelnoprogramme There are no programme entries for one of the channels listed with a channel-entry. invalidid An xmltvid does not look like a proper id, i.e. it does not match /^[-a-zA-Z0-9]+(.[-a-zA-Z0-9]+)+$/. noid A programme-entry without an id was found. emptytitle A programme entry with an empty or missing title was found. emptydescription A programme entry with an empty desc-element was found. The desc-element shall be omitted if there is no description. badstart A programme entry with an invalid start-time was found. badstop A programme entry with an invalid stop-time was found. badepisode A programme entry with an invalid episode number was found. badiso8859 The file is encoded in iso-8859 but contains characters that have no meaning in iso-8859 (or are control characters). If it's iso-8859-1 aka Latin 1 it might be some characters in windows-1252 encoding. badutf8 The file is encoded in utf-8 but contains characters that look strange. 1) Mis-encoded single characters represented with [EF][BF][BD] bytes 2) Mis-encoded single characters represented with [C3][AF][C2][BF][C2][BD] bytes 3) Mis-encoded single characters in range [C2][80-9F] If no errors are found, an empty list is returned. BUGS
It is currently necessary to specify the path to the xmltv dtd-file. This should not be necessary. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 Mattias Holmlund. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2011-06-22 ValidateFile(3pm)