Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Can you suggest a better forum to post? Post 302993187 by PJ_Namias on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 01:23:46 PM
Old 03-07-2017
Can you suggest a better forum to post?

Hello!

I posted twice on issues I'm having getting the latest GCC compiler to compile ( "Command failed for target 'check-recursive' error" in the Solaris forum and "Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library" in the UNIX for Beginners... forum) with zero responses. After many hours of beating my head against the wall trying to resolve the issues I'm encountering, I'm looking for any help or suggestions that I can get. But, I think that perhaps I'm posting in the wrong forums. I would like to get responses & suggestions as quickly as possible as I'm swiftly getting behind schedule. Can you suggest which forum might be the best to post in for problems with compiling on a Sun server with Solaris 10?

Thanks for your help!
Have a terrific Tuesday!!
PJ Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How do I post UNIX questions in the forum

I guess this is the way I post questions then. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwokang
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

forum to post availability for work?

Hello. Is there a forum to post my availability for work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douglaskbell
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Not getting any option to post a Forum

Hi All, can anybody suggest, what steps i should follow to post a forum, i am able to post a thread, and also my account is registered. thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
2 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

kindly reconsider my post in shell & scripting forum

Hi, this is regarding my post "ksh: how to extract strings from each line based on a condition" . Its not a home work or an assigment. I actually work in retail domain. The data I handle is very complex and confidential.So I can't divulge the actual patterns. In order to explain my problem, I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angie1234
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Do I post to Homework forum if learning on own

Quick question, I'm learning shell scripting on my own from resources like the 'Teach Yourself' books, web sites, etc. If I have any questions about these materials, do I still need to post them to the homework section? The template asks specific things like school associated with or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chasman78
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

This forum is closed for new thread ... post here.

This forum is closed for new threads. Please post in this forum: UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Inserting Attached Files into a Forum Post

OFF_TOPIC Hey ozsavran, Thanks for the great post and photo attachments. Do you mind to explain to me what steps you took to upload and attach those files? I cannot do it and want to attach files like you did. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
binfmtc(1)							     binfmt_C								binfmtc(1)

NAME
binfmtc-interpreter - binfmt_misc C handler SYNOPSIS
binfmtc-interpreter C-source-file-name [command-line opions ...] DESCRIPTION
binfmtc-interpreter compiles a C source file specified on the command-line using C compiler, and executes the resulting file. It is designed to be used as a handler for binfmt_misc handler, which is a system used in Linux for handling arbitrary files as executa- bles. The command-line options are passed on to the compiled binary. FILE MAGIC
There is a requirement for C source files to have the magic characters /*BINFMTC: at the beginning of the file. That line also is used to specify the additional command-line options for C compiler. ENVIRONMENT
GCC The compiler used. The default is to use gcc CC The compiler used, if GCC variable is not set. BINFMTCTMPDIR Temporary directory used for binary and execution. Falls back to $TMPDIR $TEMPDIR or /tmp BINFMTC_DEBUG enables debug output if set. BINFMTC_GCC_OPTS Additional GCC options. Use BINFMTC_DEBUG to verify the options being passed on to gcc. The default is -O2 -Wall -g AUTHOR
Junichi Uekawa (dancer@debian.org) Upstream page is available at http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/ SEE ALSO
binfmtasm-interpreter(1), binfmtcxx-interpreter(1), binfmtf-interpreter(1), binfmtf95-interpreter(1), binfmtgcj-interpreter(1) binfmt_misc Dancer 2009 Feb 8 binfmtc(1)