Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Can not determine end-of-file error Post 302992171 by Corona688 on Wednesday 22nd of February 2017 09:50:54 AM
Old 02-22-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1l1h1
yes I'm using "/bin/sh "

it won't let me use stat .. it prompts "not found..
also, I could not use switch with stat and also -r switch with date
the closet I can try was that
Code:
mv "${file_name}" "${file_name}"_`date +'%m%d%Y'`

at least this time renamed the file with date stamp..

Appreciate all your help. It is helping me learn shell scripting
You could try my general purpose date script written in perl which supports many GNU date like options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

End of file unexpected error

Hi, I am new to unix. I have written a script whenever i am giving sh filename.sh its prompting unexpected end of file in line number 40 in that line i have echo statement what do i need to do thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamsa
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file error

hi, i am trying to connect to sqlplus in an 'if block' from the script. it is giving unexpected end of file error. and it works fine if it is out of 'if block'. if anybody have idea on this, can you please help me to solve the error ? piece of code is given below. if then... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakatj56
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file error

When I run the following script: #! /bin/bash for var in CA CC CD CT EC PC do cat << EOF > ${var}_full.dat echo T ${var}_high echo C age echo C sex echo C ht echo C WT_lg EOF cat << EOF > ${var}_agesex.dat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I have problem in constructing "IF" condition. The below code throws "tst.sh: line 10: syntax error: unexpected end of file" #!/bin/ksh test=9 echo $test if ] then echo "in" fi echo "end" exit 0 Actually, i want to check whether the variable $test is empty or null. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinku
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, I am newbie to UNIX scripting. I am facing this error "syntax error: unexpected end of file" while executing the following script: ------ a=$1 if then sqlplus -s prospect_stg/prospect_stg@mdmpt <<END insert into bckup_marc_parameter_lookup select * from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boopathyvasagam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

error unexpected end of file

Sometimes while unziping some files i got an error and the further unziping stopped.might be other files are able to be unzip.i.e gunzip a.Z b.Z c.Z gunzip: a.Z: unexpected end of file it found an error on a.Z and stopped but b.Z and C.Z might be correct. why this error comes and is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

`end of file' unexpected error

When I am executing my really simple shell script below, I got an error: `end of file' unexpected. Script is suppose to print out a list of supplied parameters. Here is my script: #!/bin/sh a=$# #number or parameters b=0 #starting counter while do b=`expr $b + 1` echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexstar
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file error

Hi , I am new to Unix and this is my first shell script . I am facing "unexpected end of file error" while executing my code . tried removing blank spaces Unable to trace out the error . PLease help !!! #!/bin/sh echo hello if ] echo hi then var=`cat liq_table_nm.txt` ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sen180185
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected End Of File Error

Hi guys, I am new to BASH scripting and I was wondering if anyone could have a look at this code and explain to me why I am getting an Unexpected End of File Error ? If you can that would be great / much appreciated! THANKS! #!/bin/bash USER="" PASS="" if ; then echo "You need to set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spooke
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies
EMPTY-PAGE(1)							 ExactImage Manual						     EMPTY-PAGE(1)

NAME
empty-page - empty page detector of the ExactImage toolkit SYNOPSIS
empty-page [option...] {-i | --input} input-file empty-page {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
ExactImage is a fast C++ image processing library. Unlike many other library frameworks it allows operation in several color spaces and bit depths natively, resulting in low memory and computational requirements. empty-page counts dark pixels of a black and white image and decides with a threshold whether the page is most probably empty, and thus can be removed from the image processing stream. OPTIONS
-i file, --input file Read image from the specified file. -m n, --margin n Set width of border margin to skip. For speed reasons, the margin has to be a multiple of 8. The default is 16. -p x, --percentage x Set fraction of permissible dark pixels. The default is 0.05 (5%). -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
$ empty-page -i test.tif The image has 75461 dark pixels from a total of 1060992 (7.11231%). non-empty EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the image is mostly white, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
exactimage(7) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/ This manual page incorporates texts found on the ExactImage homepage. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. empty-page 09/09/2013 EMPTY-PAGE(1)