Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AudioScope Project.
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) AudioScope Project. Post 302991882 by wisecracker on Friday 17th of February 2017 11:24:40 AM
Old 02-17-2017
(AudioScope.sh)
06150.sh

The most important file other than the script itself is 'waveform.raw' and it sits in a directory generated by the script of "$HOME"/Temp.

On the very first ever run the files below are created inside the "$HOME"/Temp also generated at the same time. Every rerun of the script tests for this file and if it exists these are not regenerated.
This means the script runs almost instantly from a restart. However if the script command "RESET" is used then this is the same as a very first start and these files are regenerated.

More information added to the Manual.

Quicktime Player capture mode is once again working in OSX 10.12.2 and 10.12.3, Sierra.

The only single byte file that is genuine is the 'dcdata.raw' file. All other single byte files are place-marker files only for extras that the script might need for all facilities.
'Arduino_9600.pde' for The Arduino Diecimila Board if used. To be used to program the board for use on this project.
'Untitled.m4a' for QUicktime Player cpature mode ONLY.
'pulsetest.sh' for use on a second machine with the '/dev/dsp' audio device to calibrate the correct polarity of a waveform displayed, the 'POLARITY' command.
'signed16bit.txt' for CygWin AND Windows SoundRecorder.exe capture mode ONLY.
'sweep.wav' and 'sweep.raw' for a swept andio frequency generator, from 4KHz to around 85Hz and back twice, the 'SWEEP' command.
'symmetricalwave.wav' for Quicktime Player capture for the frequency counter.

Code:
Last login: Fri Feb 17 14:52:09 on ttys000
AMIGA:amiga~> ls -l Temp
total 1360
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  48000 17 Feb 14:50 0000000000.BIN
-rwxr-xr-x  1 amiga  staff    609 17 Feb 14:50 1KHz-Test.sh
-rw-rw-rw-  1 amiga  staff      1 17 Feb 14:50 Arduino_9600.pde
-rw-rw-rw-@ 1 amiga  staff      1 17 Feb 14:51 Untitled.m4a
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff    253 17 Feb 14:50 VERT_BAT.BAT
-rwxr-xr-x  1 amiga  staff    329 17 Feb 14:50 VERT_DSP.sh
-rwxr-xr-x  1 amiga  staff    370 17 Feb 14:50 VERT_SOX.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff      1 17 Feb 14:50 dcdata.raw
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  65580 17 Feb 14:50 pulse1.wav
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  65580 17 Feb 14:50 pulse2.wav
-rwxr-xr-x  1 amiga  staff      1 17 Feb 14:50 pulsetest.sh
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  48000 17 Feb 14:50 sample.raw
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff      1 17 Feb 14:50 signed16bit.txt
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  65536 17 Feb 14:50 sinewave.raw
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  65580 17 Feb 14:50 sinewave.wav
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff   8000 17 Feb 14:50 squarewave.raw
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff      1 17 Feb 14:50 sweep.raw
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff      1 17 Feb 14:50 sweep.wav
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  80000 17 Feb 14:50 sweeper.raw
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff   8000 17 Feb 14:50 symmetricalwave.raw
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff      1 17 Feb 14:50 symmetricalwave.wav
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  48000 17 Feb 14:51 waveform.raw
-rw-r--r--  1 amiga  staff  99948 17 Feb 14:51 waveform.wav
AMIGA:amiga~> _

Script file statistics:-

# Total Lines=4566.
# Blank Lines=28.
# Code Lines=2129.
# Comments=2409, (including the builtin Manual).
# Filesize=196479 bytes.

The attached image is a whistle into the internal microphone using Quicktime Player as the capture source.

Enjoy...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH doesn't pick up user's project from /etc/project

We have a system running ssh. When a user logs in, they do not get the project they are assigned to (they run under "system"). I verify the project using the command "ps -e -o user,pid,ppid,args,project". If you do a "su - username", the user does get the project they are assigned to (and all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurgan
2 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

AudioScope has had a magazine review. <shock>

Hi Admin and Staff... Thanks for hosting AudioScope.sh on this site. I have had the biggest surprise of my life today. This months issue of the UK Linux magazine "Linux Format" have done a small piece on the project. Issue April 2014, LXF 182, page 65... This I never expected and I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

AC to DC trigger pulse for AudioScope.sh.

Hi all... Has _below_ ever been done in UNIX shell scripting before? (I have done this easily in Python but this is using purely the shell.) The DEMO version IS built and has been tested. Pre-amble... I now need at least one control pulse for the AudioScope.sh when in PURELY audio I/O mode,... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Experimental awk audio converter for CygWin and AudioScope.sh

Development machine:- Standard MBP 13 inch, OSX 10.7.5... GNU bash, version 3.2.48(1)-release (x86_64-apple-darwin11) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Scenario:- Audio capture for AudioScope.sh for CygWin without ANY third party installs. I am trying my hardest to get a... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

The Alternate DC board for AudioScope.sh.

Hi guys... Well I have entered an area of partial insnity... ;o) Below is a photo of the 'ALTDC' board for AudioScope.sh... I have decided to incorporate all three methods for obtaining DC into this MBP via the MIC input. 1) VFO. 2) CHOPPER. 3) COUNTER. The controller for the COUNTER... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

AudioScope...

Boy oh boy, with only a MONO mic input to use AudioScope gets much more difficult when the ALTDC board is included. It needs, so far, two hits at the MIC input with a single hit at the HEADPHONE audio output. The first at the highest practical resolution for the AC component and the second... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

The DC Control and Timer boards for AudioScope.sh...

Hi all... Apologies for any typos... For those intersted in the AudioScope the next construction is finished. I have not been totally idle but working out the hard stuff to be able to be very simple to build. It is a single transistor simple timer that lasts for about 1.2 to 1.8 seconds.... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has AudioScope found a bug in bash 4.4.5?

Using AudioScope.sh on Ubuntu 17.04 from a live DVD disc I came across an error. Consider the code below it is a MUCH shortened version of the KEYBOARD input in AudioScope. #!/bin/bash bash --version uname -a status=0 KEYBOARD() { read -r -p "Enter QUIT or EXIT to quit:- " kbinput if ||... (11 Replies)
11 Replies