Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIOS entstat versus seastat for SEA Post 302991812 by N8R on Thursday 16th of February 2017 12:43:20 PM
Old 02-16-2017
Yes niyazi, that is why i both reset the counters for entstat (-r) and seastat (-c) so that to compare if the values match. And they do not math at all.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CTRL+H versus ^? versus BACKSPACE

Hi Gurus! I recently got my shell account (HP UX v11) created by our sysadmin and am having problem deleting with the backspace key. After doing some reading, I believe I need to enter a custom "STTY..." statement in my profile. Can someone please help me with the correct "STTY" sequence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS SEA on LHEA doesn't work

I am trying to create a SEA on a LHEA port and it gives me error lsdev -Cc adapter: ent0 logical host ethernet port (l-hea) ent1 virtual I/O ethernet adapter mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent1 -default ent1 -defaultid 199 method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea): Failed to configure SEA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

3. AIX

entstat: 0909-003 Unable to connect to device

Hello All, at our client VIOS Server there is shared ethernet adapter ent6, when I run lsattr -El ent6 the output shows real adapter ent1 lsattr -El ent6 accounting disabled Enable per-client accounting of network statistics True ctl_chan ent5 Control Channel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. AIX

VIOS SEA Creation

Hi Guys, I'm getting the below error while trying to create a SEA adapter in VIOS $ mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

5. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

6. AIX

Duplicate MACs in seastat

Why are the MAC addresses duplicated in the "seastat" command output for all the LPARs? I can't figure out why one stanza has the LPAR information (hostname and IP) while the other stanza does not? Why the two separate sections and two separate sets of usage information (Bytes and Packets)?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kah00na
1 Replies

7. AIX

entstat output "Receive Errors"

Hi all, We are receiving huge number of "Receive Errors" on our database server on AIX. Any pointers to troubleshoot would be really appreciated. oslevel: AIX 5.3.0.0 ifconfig -a en6: flags=4e080863,c0<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,GROUPRT,64BIT,PSEG,LARGESEND,CHAIN> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to set 4 SEA on single VIOS

Hi experts, i got a 4-port Adapter card on VIOS and would like to configure 4SEA for 4 difference segment IP client's LPAR use, first SEA succeed to be configured on ent0 but once second SEA configured, first SEA fail to be connected. Any issues i need to be concerned in order to configure 4 SEA on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
8 Replies

9. AIX

Configure VIOS SEA w. load sharing

I am trying to install a VIOS pair with a load-sharing SEA adapter, following this recipe from Developerworks. Without load-sharing everything went fine and worked as expected, but somehow i am a bit lost and the first tries with "ha_mode=sharing" didn't work at all. Here is the situation: I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
6 Replies

10. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies
PAPI_num_counters(3)						       PAPI						      PAPI_num_counters(3)

NAME
PAPI_num_counters - Get the number of hardware counters available on the system. SYNOPSIS
Detailed Description @par C Interface: int PAPI_num_counters( void ); Postcondition: Initializes the library to PAPI_HIGH_LEVEL_INITED if necessary. Return values: PAPI_EINVAL papi.h is different from the version used to compile the PAPI library. PAPI_ENOMEM Insufficient memory to complete the operation. PAPI_ESYS A system or C library call failed inside PAPI, see the errno variable. Examples: * int num_hwcntrs; * // The installation does not support PAPI * if ((num_hwcntrs = PAPI_num_counters()) < 0 ) * handle_error(1); * // The installation supports PAPI, but has no counters * if ((num_hwcntrs = PAPI_num_counters()) == 0 ) * fprintf(stderr,"Info:: This machine does not provide hardware counters.0); * PAPI_num_counters() returns the optimal length of the values array for the high level functions. This value corresponds to the number of hardware counters supported by the current CPU component. Note: This function only works for the CPU component. To determine the number of counters on another component, use the low level PAPI_num_cmp_hwctrs(). Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for PAPI from the source code. Version 5.2.0.0 Tue Jun 17 2014 PAPI_num_counters(3)