Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIOS entstat versus seastat for SEA Post 302991811 by niyazi on Thursday 16th of February 2017 12:39:29 PM
Old 02-16-2017
netstat starts counting when the system boots, however sea statistics need to be enabled exclusively. difference between the counters points that sea was enabled after a while system was booted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CTRL+H versus ^? versus BACKSPACE

Hi Gurus! I recently got my shell account (HP UX v11) created by our sysadmin and am having problem deleting with the backspace key. After doing some reading, I believe I need to enter a custom "STTY..." statement in my profile. Can someone please help me with the correct "STTY" sequence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS SEA on LHEA doesn't work

I am trying to create a SEA on a LHEA port and it gives me error lsdev -Cc adapter: ent0 logical host ethernet port (l-hea) ent1 virtual I/O ethernet adapter mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent1 -default ent1 -defaultid 199 method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea): Failed to configure SEA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

3. AIX

entstat: 0909-003 Unable to connect to device

Hello All, at our client VIOS Server there is shared ethernet adapter ent6, when I run lsattr -El ent6 the output shows real adapter ent1 lsattr -El ent6 accounting disabled Enable per-client accounting of network statistics True ctl_chan ent5 Control Channel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
2 Replies

4. AIX

VIOS SEA Creation

Hi Guys, I'm getting the below error while trying to create a SEA adapter in VIOS $ mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

5. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

6. AIX

Duplicate MACs in seastat

Why are the MAC addresses duplicated in the "seastat" command output for all the LPARs? I can't figure out why one stanza has the LPAR information (hostname and IP) while the other stanza does not? Why the two separate sections and two separate sets of usage information (Bytes and Packets)?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kah00na
1 Replies

7. AIX

entstat output "Receive Errors"

Hi all, We are receiving huge number of "Receive Errors" on our database server on AIX. Any pointers to troubleshoot would be really appreciated. oslevel: AIX 5.3.0.0 ifconfig -a en6: flags=4e080863,c0<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST,GROUPRT,64BIT,PSEG,LARGESEND,CHAIN> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_78_nyc
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to set 4 SEA on single VIOS

Hi experts, i got a 4-port Adapter card on VIOS and would like to configure 4SEA for 4 difference segment IP client's LPAR use, first SEA succeed to be configured on ent0 but once second SEA configured, first SEA fail to be connected. Any issues i need to be concerned in order to configure 4 SEA on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
8 Replies

9. AIX

Configure VIOS SEA w. load sharing

I am trying to install a VIOS pair with a load-sharing SEA adapter, following this recipe from Developerworks. Without load-sharing everything went fine and worked as expected, but somehow i am a bit lost and the first tries with "ha_mode=sharing" didn't work at all. Here is the situation: I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
6 Replies

10. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies
slattach(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       slattach(8)

NAME
slattach - Attaches a serial line to a network interface SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/slattach [{+|-} {c|e|i}] ttyname [baudrate] DESCRIPTION
The slattach command assigns a tty line to a network interface, allowing terminal devices to communicate across a network. The ttyname argument is the name of any valid tty device in /dev. This can be either the full path name (for example, /dev/tty01) or the name in /dev (for example, tty01). The optional baudrate argument is used to set the speed of the connection. The default speed is 9600 baud. The tty line is attached to the first available network interface (sl0, sl1, already be configured with the local and remote addresses of each end of the SLIP connection (see ifconfig(8)). Only a person with superuser authority can attach a network interface. To detach the interface, use the ifconfig interface_id down command after terminating the slattach process. interface_id is the name that is shown by the netstat command. FLAGS
Enables (+) or disables (- TCP header compression. Enables (+) or disables (- automatic TCP header compression. If enabled and the remote system is using TCP header compression, TCP header compression is automatically enabled on the local system. If both local and remote sys- tems have enabled this flag, TCP header compression is not used. One system must force the use of TCP header compression. Enables (+) or disables (- ICMP traffic suppression. If enabled, ICMP traffic (like that generated by ping(8)) is not allowed to pass over the SLIP con- nection. When the system is booted, all flags are initially disabled. Once a flag is enabled, it remains enabled until the system is rebooted or until another slattach command is issued with the flag disabled. NOTES
The slattach command requires the Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP), which the kernel must support. If making a SLIP connection to another Tru64 UNIX system, both systems must run slattach. If making a SLIP connection to a system not running the Tru64 UNIX operating system, the other system must support the SLIP protocol. EXAMPLES
To attach a tty device to a network interface, enter: /usr/sbin/slattach /dev/tty01 4800 This command attaches tty01 to a network interface to be used by the Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP). The connection speed is 4800 baud. To attach a tty device to a network interface at 19200 bits per second (bps), with TCP header compression enabled and ICMP traffic suppres- sion disabled, enter: /usr/sbin/slattach +c -i /dev/tty01 19200 FILES
Specifies the command path Contains the slattach process ID RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: netstat(1), ifconfig(8) Specifications: SLIP is described in RFC1055. TCP header compression is described in RFC1144. delim off slattach(8)