Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support AIX prompt delayed when users increase Post 302991298 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 8th of February 2017 05:39:37 PM
Old 02-08-2017
A debugging tip. You can trace the sshd.
Code:
# proctree | grep -w sshd
   258180   /usr/sbin/sshd a
      274564   sshd: root@pts/0 a

Then trace the originator/listener i.e. pid 258180
Code:
# truss -f -p 258180

And then do a login. You'll see what it does, and where it takes a long time.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how do I increase the storage space I am new to AIX

Host Name - xxxxxxx IP Address - xxxxxxxxx Alert Msg - The percentage of available storage space (DMXMemory) is low (49.54374442289481 percent). Time received - 14:23 Time Logged - 14:55 Suggested Group - MR-UNIX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nyiko
5 Replies

2. AIX

Custom AIX Prompt

In my .profile, my prompt is set like this: set -o vi PS1=`logname`@`hostname -s`:'$PWD>' Is there a way to show what the history number would be of the command I'm typing in the prompt? For example, I frequently run commands then run 'history' to pull up the history number of a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptrotter
2 Replies

3. AIX

Timestamp in AIX Prompt

I am using ksh under IBM's AIX, version 6.1. I wopuld like to add the current time to my prompt. I understand that I can change the value of $PS1 in my .profile. So far my attempts at setting the time have resulted in setting the time to what it was when the .profile was executed. ( It doesn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PeterF
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp not working because of prompt (AIX, tcsh)

Hello, I have this problem: I have a server to which I ssh, and it has a special prompt request. The prompt is done by a ?prompt command. It is fine with SSH, since the prompt I guess gets some input, but when I use SCP, the copy always fails. So, I was wondering if there is maybe a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lastZenMaster
1 Replies

5. AIX

ssh keys - no password prompt from AIX to RPA

hello, i am running an AIX 5.3 machine and i want to connect via ssh to the RPA Management site without prompting for password. i already had a public key of this server as i use the same thing for ssh connection with other AIX machines. i connected to the RPA Management Site and i run the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
9 Replies

6. AIX

Increase LUN size in AIX with VIOS and HACMP

Hello! I have this infraestructure: - 1 POWER7 with single VIOS on Site A. - 1 POWER6 with single VIOS on Site B. - 1 LPAR called NodeA as primary node for PowerHA 6.1 on Site A. - 1 LPAR called NodeB as secondary (cold) node for PowerHA 6.1 on SiteB. - 1 Storage DS4700 on Site A. - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
8 Replies

7. AIX

how many su - users I ejecute in prompt AIX 5.3

Hi Colleagues, My English is pretty bad, the help I need is this: entered into a machine with OS AIX 5.3 and i execute su - user1 and then i execute su - user2 and then i execute su - user3 and finally its su - user4. there is some command that tells me the its that i have made? Thank you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello. I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed.... I know how to view/change ethernet speed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_ball
1 Replies

9. AIX

Increase filesystem size AIX 5.3

I an trying to increase the file size on an AIX 5.3 box. I think i am missing the correct syntax for the command. Here is was i am trying on a test box # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 0000bd8b00004c00000 0010d8ed7a76e VG STATE: active ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
3 Replies
FGETTY(8)						   System Administrator's Manual						 FGETTY(8)

NAME
fgetty - a small getty for linux SYNOPSIS
fgetty tty [--noclear] [--long-hostname] DESCRIPTION
The command fgetty is normally invoked by init(8), opens a tty port, prompts for a login name and invokes the /bin/login command. OPTIONS
--noclear makes fgetty not clear the screen before displaying the login prompt. --long-hostname makes fgetty display the full hostname in the login prompt. FILES
/etc/issue printed before the login prompt /etc/inittab init(8) configuration file /var/run/utmp the system status file ISSUE ESCAPES
The issue-file (/etc/issue or the file may contain certain escape codes to display the system name, date and time etc. All escape codes consist of a backslash () immediately followed by one of the letters explained below. d the current date. (eg: 2002-01-19) s the system name, the name of the operating system. (eg: Linux) l the name of the current tty line. (eg: tty3) m the architecture identifier of the machine (eg: i586) n the nodename of the machine, also known as the hostname. (eg: sirius) o the domainname of the machine. (eg: (none)) r the release number of the OS. (eg: 2.4.3-i) t the current time. (eg: 14:51:51) u the number of current users logged in. (eg: 4) U the string "1 user" or "<n> users", where <n> is the number of current users logged in. (eg: 4 users) v Insert the version of the OS. (eg: #2 Fre Jan 18 23:05:45 CET 2002) ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
HOST is set to your hostname TERM is set to linux TTY is set to the current tty line RETURN VALUES
1 could not chown/chmod tty device 3 could not open tty device 4 not a typewriter 5 vhangup failed 6 could not open tty (can't happen) 7 dup failed 8 could not exec login 9 read returned an unexpected error 10 unprintable character in login name 11 login name too long (>40) 13 user name started with a dash 23 received SIGQUIT AUTHOR
Felix von Leitner <felix-fgetty@fefe.de> Homepage: http://www.fefe.de/fgetty/ fgetty 2002-01-19 FGETTY(8)