Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bool vs char * conversion
Top Forums Programming Bool vs char * conversion Post 302989373 by Corona688 on Wednesday 11th of January 2017 03:47:06 PM
Old 01-11-2017
No idea. Not enough information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

char to int64 conversion

Hi, I'm converting a C program that I made using the Visual Studio. I now use GCC (over Linux) and can't find some equivalences. I changed my __int64 definitions to unsigned long long, but can't find an equivalent to the microsoft i64toa() function, which let you convert a char* to a 64 bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raspoutine
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ANSI C, char to hex conversion

Hi, I have a char buf,ch; and the buf is filled with the result from MySQL server which I get like this numbytes = recv(sock, buf, 1024, 0));I have the followingcode to display the results printf("received %ld bytes:\n",numbytes); for(c=0;c<numbytes;c++){ ch = (char)buf; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikims
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-ASCII char prevents conversion of manpage to plain text

Hello, I would like to export manual pages to plain text files. man CommandName | col -bx > CommandName.txt The above statement works successfully on Mac OS X. However, it often fails on my old Linux. The problem occurs if the source file of the manpage contains an escape sequence for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
5 Replies

4. Programming

conversion to 'char' from 'int' warning

Hi, I wrote a simple code in C++ converting from UpperToLower case characters. However, my compiler gives me a warning: "warning: conversion to 'char' from 'int' may alter its value". Any tips? I would like to stress, I don't want to load my string into char array. int ToLower(string... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kajolo
4 Replies

5. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

6. Programming

Error message: invalid types 'bool...' (array problem)

Hello everyone. I'm stuck with an error message that neither I nor any of my computer science peeps can understand. The program I wrote is meant to be a simple decimal to binary converter, but with this message it's more complicated than I thought. Here's the code: #include <iostream>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qf_woodfox
2 Replies

7. Programming

Error message: invalid types 'bool...' (array problem)

Hello everyone. I'm stuck with an error message that neither I nor any of my computer science peeps can understand. The program I wrote is meant to be a simple decimal to binary converter, but with this message it's more complicated than I thought. Here's the code: #include <iostream>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qf_woodfox
3 Replies

8. Programming

Double to const char conversion

Dear all, I am using C and ROOT for programming. And I need to incorporate following in my code. char *fps=NULL; int dec=0,sign=0; float mean = h1->GetMean(1); //0.001298 fps= fcvt(mean,6 , &dec, &sign); I need to provide this mean as const char to some other function to get... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies

9. Programming

SQL: Alter existing bool after printing

I'm writing a DB to manage books & dvd's for the library. So after they added more books/dvd's, they press the print button and all newly added entries are printed. That is, as it prints all 'printed = false' entries, which (false) is the default value for that field for each new entry. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
3 Replies

10. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
PHILOSOPHY(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     PHILOSOPHY(1)

NAME
PDL::Philosophy -- what's behind PDL? DESCRIPTION
This is an attempt to summarize some of the common spirit between pdl developers in order to answer the question "Why PDL"? If you are a PDL developer and I haven't caught your favorite ideas about PDL, please let me know! An often-asked question is: Why not settle for some of the existing systems like Matlab or IDL or GnuPlot or whatever? Major ideas The first tenet of our philosophy is the "free software" idea: software being free has several advantages (less bugs because more people see the code, you can have the source and port it to your own working environment with you, ... and of course, that you don't need to pay anything). The second idea is a pet peeve of many: many languages like matlab are pretty well suited for their specific tasks but for a different application, you need to change to an entirely different tool and regear yourself mentally. Not to speak about doing an application that does two things at once... Because we use Perl, we have the power and ease of perl syntax, regular expressions, hash tables etc at our fingertips at all times. By extending an existing language, we start from a much healthier base than languages like matlab which have grown into existence from a very small functionality at first and expanded little by little, making things look badly planned. We stand by the Perl sayings: "simple things should be simple but complicated things should be possible" and "There is more than one way to do it" (TIMTOWTDI). The third idea is interoperability: we want to be able to use PDL to drive as many tools as possible, we can connect to OpenGL or Mesa for graphics or whatever. There isn't anything out there that's really satisfactory as a tool and can do everything we want easily. And be por- table. The fourth idea is related to PDL::PP and is Tuomas's personal favorite: code should only specify as little as possible redundant info. If you find yourself writing very similar-looking code much of the time, all that code could probably be generated by a simple perl script. The PDL C preprocessor takes this to an extreme. Minor goals and purposes We want speed. Optimally, it should ultimately (e.g. with the Perl compiler) be possible to compile PDL::PP subs to C and obtain the top vectorized speeds on supercomputers. Also, we want to be able to calculate things at near top speed from inside perl, by using dataflow to avoid memory allocation and deallocation (the overhead should ultimately be only a little over one indirect function call plus couple of ifs per function in the pipe). We want handy syntax. Want to do something and cannot do it easily? Tell us about it... We want lots of goodies. A good mathematical library etc. AUTHOR
Copyright(C) 1997 Tuomas J. Lukka (lukka@fas.harvard.edu). Redistribution in the same form is allowed but reprinting requires a permission from the author. perl v5.8.0 1999-12-09 PHILOSOPHY(1)