Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop grep, outputs in files
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Loop grep, outputs in files Post 302989357 by Corona688 on Wednesday 11th of January 2017 11:58:29 AM
Old 01-11-2017
Code:
for((b=$1 ...

$1 is not the numeral one, but the script's first commandline parameter. Try it without the dollar sign.

Are you trying to simultaneously read from and write to the same file? That won't work, that will destroy your data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and loop files

Hi , 1. I want to grep two or three lines from a set of files and put the grepped lines into again a set of files.like file1-greppedfile1 file2-greppedfile2 then again do some format to the grepped files with sed or awk then create another set of files. How can I do this in loop? 2.I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashik
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Different Files Using a Loop?

I have a script to GREP for a text expression within certain files, the files being named file.11012008 thru file.11302008. 30 files in all, one for each day of the month. Instead of entering the following 3 lines of code 30 different times, I'm trying to find a way to loop the process: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: foleyml
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat-ing a group of files into two outputs

I have some logic which uses CAT to concatenate group of files, 'SED'-ing some field values and piping the output to one file :- cat `echo $infilename|sed '{ s/.filestream./'${file_stream}'/g s/.field2./'${jobopt2}'/g s/.sb_odate./'${SB_ODATE}'/g }'` >$outfilename ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flyingswan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create outputs from other command outputs

hi friends, The code: i=1 while do filename=`/usr/bin/ls -l| awk '{ print $9}'` echo $filename>>summary.csv #Gives the name of the file stored at column 9 count=`wc -l $filename | awk '{print $1}'` echo $count>>summary.csv #Gives just the count of lines of file "filename" i=`expr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple join for multiple files and produce 3 outputs

sh script file1 filea fileb filec ................filez. >>output1 & output2 &output3 file1 z10 1873 1920 z_number1_E59 z10 2042 2090 z_number2_E59 Z22 2476 2560 z_number3_E59 Z22 2838 2915 z_number4_E59 z1 1873 1920 z_number1_E60 z1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stateperl
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I number my for loop outputs with this method?

Currently I am outputting users and I want to number them starting with 1... grep name list.txt | awk -F"=" '{ print $2 }' | while read user; do echo -e "1\t|$user" Currently I have: 1 | john 1 | amy 1 | max I want it to look like 1 | john 2 | amy 3 | max (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etranman1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two outputs/files based on criterias

Hello, I currently have a script that outputs to a file that contains the output below. It runs every X minutes. I would like to compare the first run against the second but only output if the minutes column is less than its original or if anything else changes. Thanks for the help. Original ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tworkemon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

suppress some grep outputs

Hello Friends, Im working on Ksh (it is not my will :) ) I would like to get rid off the outputs lines which includes "can't open" .. i guess it must be an easy thing but could not find any usefull thing, ls -l *credit* | xargs grep -i "*data*" 22:set conv(DATA) B16 22:proc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files, then outputs line number

I have two files, "ranked.txt" and "sorted.txt". Sorted.txt is a smaller subset from ranked.txt that is sorted in alpha order. However ranked.txt preserves the ranking of words I would like to keep. How do I check the rank of every word in sorted.txt when matched to the original ranked.txt? I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
8 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)