Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to install p5i file in Solaris? Post 302989335 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 11th of January 2017 06:46:50 AM
Old 01-11-2017
Firstly, please do not keep posting to a thread.
Bumping up posts to make them appear at the top of the list (sorted most recent first) is not permitted and may get you sanctioned. please re-read the rules that you agreed to when your registered.

Moving on to the issue at hand,

If you read the document linked by DukeNuke2 in the first reply to your question, you will see the command to run is packagemanager You then need to read the rest of the document to decide what else you need to include to get it to do what you want as the tool can do more than one thing and needs to be told what you really want it to do and with what input.

What have you tried to do and what errors did you get? If it rejects your command, it will not do anything dangerous.

Please post the commands and output/errors in CODE tags to make it easy to read.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris - Can it install RPM file?

Currently i just installed solaris 10 now i want to install a package in rpm format which i used to install in Linux can it install in Solaris 10 as well ? if yes,what is the command ? last time in linux i used to type this command #rpm -i xxxxx.rpm but i tried in linux it not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluefries
3 Replies

2. Solaris

can't install solaris 10 or 9

i 've a toshiba notebook (satellite L20 - 100) but i can't install solaris 10 or 9 on it , even linux ..i asked a few ppl they said that may b something wrong with the hardware...can this be possible? to make it such exclusive for windows or something?????????????// (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimydoom
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Install over WAN(where to keep wanboot.conf file for DHCP client)

I am trying to configure my jumpstart server to install Solaris 10 on a T1000 machine(target) over WAN. I do not know the IP address of the client, i wish the client to get the IP address from DHCP. how do i configure my /etc/netboot hierarchy. One option would be to keep the wanboot.conf in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 by using the ISO file

Hi Gurus Recently i had download the ISO installer (sol-10-u8-ga-sparc-dvd.iso) for Solaris 10. And i ftp to a Server. May i know is it possible to install the Solaris by using this ISO file directly (not using network)? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 7: Is it possible to install JRE1.6 on Solaris 7

Dear All: I am trying to install JRE 1.6 on Solaris 7. But it's failed. error message: ld.so.1 symbo1 __1cH__Climpkcplus_init6F_v_: referenced symbol not found (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaychen
2 Replies

9. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
PCLOCK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PCLOCK(1)

NAME
pclock - pixmap clock SYNOPSIS
pclock [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pclock command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. pclock is a program that places a small analog clock program on the desktop of X. It was designed to run under the WindowMaker window man- ager. It uses any 64x64 pixmap as a background. OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-') and short optoins starting with one dash. A summary of options is included below. -B PIXMAP, --background=PIXMAP Use the given pixmap as the clock background (size must be 64x64). -H COLOR, --hands-color=COLOR Draw the hands (hour, minute and second) in the specified color. -S COLOR, --second-hand-color Draw the second hand in the specified color -h, --help Show summary of options. --hour-hand-length=INT Draw the hour hand with the specified length of INT. --minute-hand-length=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-length=INT Draw the second hand with the specified length of INT. --second-hand-width=INT Draw the minute hand with the specified width of INT. -s, --second-hand Don't display the second hand. -v, --version Show version of program. -w, --withdrawn Don't start up in a withdrawn (iconic) state. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Darren Benham <gecko@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). The soft- ware is copyrighted (c) 1998 by and released under the GPL v2. Author: Alexander Kourakos <Alexander@Kourakos.com> Web: http://www.kourakos.com/~awk/pclock/ PCLOCK(1)