Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh version
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh version Post 302989307 by alltaken on Wednesday 11th of January 2017 03:56:35 AM
Old 01-11-2017
Hi,
I already tried them. Below is the output:

Code:
# strings /bin/ksh | grep Version | tail -2
strings /bin/ksh | grep Version | tail -2
# ksh --version
ksh --version
ksh: ksh: --: unknown option
#

Thanks

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags correctly as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 01-11-2017 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: Changed ICODE to CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing a ksh script within a ksh script

I normally trace a script with the ksh -x <script name> and redirect strderr to file. But if you have a script like the examble below...... vi hairy bear=`grep bear animals` if then ksh more_animals fi If I ksh -x hairy it won't trace "more_animals" unless I put a -x in it. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Migrate unix version 8 to version 9

i have a program writing in PRO C which currently running in unix version 8 tie with oracle 8i, but in the future company gonna migrate this OS to version 9. Anything i have to prepare for my PRO C program to run in unix version 9? or anything would that impact my program couldn't run well? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Advanced Search * View * Edit JAVA version to WORK in GLASSFISH Forum topic JAVA version

Would like to confirm the ff. I got confused actually with the version I needed to download that will work on glassfish 3.0.1 a. Debian Squeeze (HP DL360). Need to use java version6 On Debian, I did apt-get install sun-java6-jdk. So when I check it's java version "1.6.0_22" Java(TM) SE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between executing llike ./myscript.ksh and . ./myscript.ksh

Hi , What is the diffence between executing the script like ./myscript.ksh . ./myscript.ksh I have found 2 difference but could not find the reason 1. If i export a variable in myscript.ksh and execute it like . ./myscript.ksh the i can access the other scripts that are present in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

different behaviour for ksh and ksh -x

I'm getting different behaviour when executing below script in debug option. $ cat ss.ksh ff=$(pwd) echo " ff : $ff" $ ksh ss.ksh ff : /tmp $ ksh -x ss.ksh + + pwd ff= + echo ff : ff : I was getting this behaviour in my actuall script i'm able to reproduce this in simple script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop in older version of ksh

When I am trying to use below code of for loop on older version of ksh it not working,and I just want to use only FOR loop ----------------- for i in (1..5) do echo $i done ----------------- please suggest.it really stoping me. FYI: i want to do this only by for loop (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version

How to copy a file from directroy/ prior version to the directory/ new version automatically. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

OS version and Firmware version

Guys, How to find OS version and firmware version in LINUX? Like in AIX. uname -a will show me the version 5.3, 6.1,7.1. lsmcode -c will show me - system firmware image as SF240_417. What are the similar commands in Linux. I checked uname -a and cat /etc/release. uname... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
1 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)