Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 performance optimization tips Post 302989176 by bhavin1 on Monday 9th of January 2017 11:31:52 AM
Old 01-09-2017
Solaris 11 performance optimization tips

Hi,

I need general tips for solaris 11 performance optimization.

For example - disable the unused services, etc.

Thanks,
Bhavin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

oracle performance on solaris 8

Good evening all, I have a very interesting issue. I have an oracle database on unix and nt. The dba says that his delete process runs in 22 mins on nt. When I run the same delete process on unix, it run in an hour. I downloaded sarcheck to see what was going on. It told me abpout the autoup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: niasdad
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Help! Performance Threshold for Solaris 8,9,10

hi, I am trying to determine a 'rule of thumb' threshold for memory usage on different Solaris versions. I know that prior to Solaris 8, "page scan rate > 300" can be used as a general rule of thumb to determine any memory shortages. Since Solaris 9 and 10 have a different memory handling... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwclu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

tips Solaris

hi all... I need to know, how I can create a log when the user loggin and logout...day and hour....any person help me..... thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How I can get System Performance on Solaris

Hi All, Can someone help me out knowing all commands for getting system performance on Solaris machines. Thanks in advance, Yagami Light. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yagami
5 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Solaris tips and tricks

What do you think could we open new top topic with tips and tricks and to show to other users some tricks what do we know like dtrace , new virtual server , how to add new users etc. This is only suggestion (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris performance

Dear all, I have a solaris 10 server , which is running web applications and webspere also is available. All the parameters like Virtual memory , swap , hard disk space and Cpu utilisation and I/o statistics are good , but still the server is slow. It has 2 processores and 128 VPs. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Performance tuning

Dear all, I have a Local zone , where users feel that performance is not good. Is it wise to collect the inputs from the local zone rather than taking from the global zone. And also Can I tune from Global zone , so that it will reflect in local zone. Rgds rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris Performance

Dear All, I have Sun OS 5.10 Solaris OS running. SunOS **** 5.10 Generic_118833-36 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 ++There is a process named nscd utilizing high cpu not 100 though. Due to this the printer are delayed in printing and retreving information from this server last pid: 21848; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunil Koya
4 Replies
smf_security(5) 					Standards, Environments, and Macros					   smf_security(5)

NAME
smf_security - service management facility security behavior DESCRIPTION
The configuration subsystem for the service management facility, smf(5), requires privilege to modify the configuration of a service. Priv- ileges are granted to a user by associating the authorizations described below to the user through user_attr(4) and prof_attr(4). See rbac(5). The following authorization is used to manipulate services and service instances. solaris.smf.modify Authorized to add, delete, or modify services, service instances, or their properties. Property Group Authorizations The smf(5) configuration subsystem associates properties with each service and service instance. Related properties are grouped. Groups may represent an execution method, credential information, application data, or restarter state. The ability to create or modify property groups can cause smf(5) components to perform actions that may require operating system privilege. Accordingly, the framework requires appropriate authorization to manipulate property groups. Each property group has a type corresponding to its purpose. The core property group types are method, dependency, application, and frame- work. Additional property group types can be introduced, provided they conform to the extended naming convention in smf(5). The following basic authorizations, however, apply only to the core property group types: solaris.smf.modify.method Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type method. solaris.smf.modify.dependency Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type dependency. solaris.smf.modify.application Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type application. solaris.smf.modify.framework Authorized to change values or create, delete, or modify a property group of type framework. solaris.smf.modify Authorized to add, delete, or modify services, service instances, or their properties. Property group-specific authorization can be specified by properties contained in the property group. modify_authorization Authorizations allow the addition, deletion, or modification of properties within the property group. value_authorization Authorizations allow changing the values of any property of the property group except modify_authorization. The above authorization properties are only used if they have type astring. If an instance property group does not have one of the proper- ties, but the instance's service has a property group of the same name with the property, its values are used. Service Action Authorization Certain actions on service instances may result in service interruption or deactivation. These actions require an authorization to ensure that any denial of service is a deliberate administrative action. Such actions include a request for execution of the refresh or restart methods, or placement of a service instance in the maintenance or other non-operational state. The following authorization allows such actions to be requested: solaris.smf.manage Authorized to request restart, refresh, or other state modification of any service instance. In addition, the general/action_authorization property can specify additional authorizations that permit service actions to be requested for that service instance. The solaris.smf.manage authorization is required to modify this property. Defined Rights Profiles Two rights profiles are included that offer grouped authorizations for manipulating typical smf(5) operations. Service Management A service manager can manipulate any service in the repository in any way. It corresponds to the solaris.smf.manage and solaris.smf.modify authorizations. The service management profile is the minimum required to use the pkgadd(1M) or pkgrm(1M) commands to add or remove software packages that contain an inventory of services in its service manifest. Service Operator A service operator has the ability to enable or disable any service instance on the system, as well as request that its restart or refresh method be executed. It corresponds to the solaris.smf.manage and solaris.smf.modify.framework authorizations. Sites can define additional rights profiles customized to their needs. Remote Repository Modification Remote repository servers may deny modification attempts due to additional privilege checks. See NOTES. SEE ALSO
auths(1), profiles(1), pkgadd(1M), pkgrm(1M), prof_attr(4), user_attr(4), rbac(5), smf(5) NOTES
The present version of smf(5) does not support remote repositories. SunOS 5.10 2 Dec 04 smf_security(5)